Second Skin Audio

Dual level 3 12s single cab

SCATHED

Is there any reason you couldn't build a design like this? Excuse my quick paint drawing that looks like it was a doodle in a special ed class.

7b12b6f278f32f8b6c1469b27c8ca48a.png

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Just curious, why do you want 2 as opposed to 1 12? The difference might be about 2dB in a setup like this.

cone area, motor force, I've always liked dual 12" set ups

Is there any reason you couldn't build a design like this? Excuse my quick paint drawing that looks like it was a doodle in a special ed class.

7b12b6f278f32f8b6c1469b27c8ca48a.png

There's no reason why I can't do a design like that

I run a single Level 3 12" with ar cone and it is in an explorer way more space than you are playing with.... built my box to 1.75cuft @32hz after displacements on 1200rms and if it were in a smaller cabin it would probably be 10db louder.... and a single 12 calls for 7" round port in bass box pro... I didnt have the space and went with a 4".... it works well but port noise is audible with anything lower than 35hz... using 2 12's an 8" might give the same effect.... and rusty answered one of my threads and recommended that I go no larger than 1.75cuft with the power I am running.... the first box I built was 1.25cuft @32hz and I did not like it that much so built another, much more happy with the 1.75cuft.... if you really want something loud.... instead of doing 2 lvl3's do 1 XL 12.... your eye ball might pop out

I'd rather have the cone area and motor force of 2 12s. DC website recommends 1.25 cubes for a level 3 which is why it was appealing to me since there's not mucch space in a single cab. But I'm determined to get the most out of it as I can, the DC level 3's are perfect for the power I'm running and space I have available (according to what DC recommends on their website)

I run a single Level 3 12" with ar cone and it is in an explorer way more space than you are playing with.... built my box to 1.75cuft @32hz after displacements on 1200rms and if it were in a smaller cabin it would probably be 10db louder.... and a single 12 calls for 7" round port in bass box pro... I didnt have the space and went with a 4".... it works well but port noise is audible with anything lower than 35hz... using 2 12's an 8" might give the same effect.... and rusty answered one of my threads and recommended that I go no larger than 1.75cuft with the power I am running.... the first box I built was 1.25cuft @32hz and I did not like it that much so built another, much more happy with the 1.75cuft.... if you really want something loud.... instead of doing 2 lvl3's do 1 XL 12.... your eye ball might pop out

I'd rather have the cone area and motor force of 2 12s. DC website recommends 1.25 cubes for a level 3 which is why it was appealing to me since there's not mucch space in a single cab. But I'm determined to get the most out of it as I can, the DC level 3's are perfect for the power I'm running and space I have available (according to what DC recommends on their website)

I see what DC recommends thats why I first did that but what the ower of said company recommended me to do is worth more than the conservative spec

I see what DC recommends thats why I first did that but what the ower of said company recommended me to do is worth more than the conservative spec

hmmmmm, well I wonder why they recommend 1.25 then...

Most all speaker manufacturers give "safe" recommendations for box size. They have no idea who is building the box or what they're skill level is, so giving a box spec that is a little on the small side isn't going to hurt, just means the enclosure won't be the most optimal.

Man read it this time: with your dimensions only a single 6" port can be done and still get 1.25 net per sub, a single 6" is no good, so find more space if you still want to do the 2 12s.

Archived