Esgedi Posted March 6, 2016 Report Posted March 6, 2016 Is there any reason you couldn't build a design like this? Excuse my quick paint drawing that looks like it was a doodle in a special ed class. Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense. 03' Trailblazer LTDayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweetersDayton Audio Ultimax 18"Pioneer 9601 & 8604XS Power D34002 runs 1/0Singer 250
SCATHED Posted March 6, 2016 Author Report Posted March 6, 2016 Just curious, why do you want 2 as opposed to 1 12? The difference might be about 2dB in a setup like this. cone area, motor force, I've always liked dual 12" set ups Is there any reason you couldn't build a design like this? Excuse my quick paint drawing that looks like it was a doodle in a special ed class. There's no reason why I can't do a design like that
SCATHED Posted March 6, 2016 Author Report Posted March 6, 2016 I run a single Level 3 12" with ar cone and it is in an explorer way more space than you are playing with.... built my box to 1.75cuft @32hz after displacements on 1200rms and if it were in a smaller cabin it would probably be 10db louder.... and a single 12 calls for 7" round port in bass box pro... I didnt have the space and went with a 4".... it works well but port noise is audible with anything lower than 35hz... using 2 12's an 8" might give the same effect.... and rusty answered one of my threads and recommended that I go no larger than 1.75cuft with the power I am running.... the first box I built was 1.25cuft @32hz and I did not like it that much so built another, much more happy with the 1.75cuft.... if you really want something loud.... instead of doing 2 lvl3's do 1 XL 12.... your eye ball might pop out I'd rather have the cone area and motor force of 2 12s. DC website recommends 1.25 cubes for a level 3 which is why it was appealing to me since there's not mucch space in a single cab. But I'm determined to get the most out of it as I can, the DC level 3's are perfect for the power I'm running and space I have available (according to what DC recommends on their website)
MotorCityFats13 Posted March 7, 2016 Report Posted March 7, 2016 I run a single Level 3 12" with ar cone and it is in an explorer way more space than you are playing with.... built my box to 1.75cuft @32hz after displacements on 1200rms and if it were in a smaller cabin it would probably be 10db louder.... and a single 12 calls for 7" round port in bass box pro... I didnt have the space and went with a 4".... it works well but port noise is audible with anything lower than 35hz... using 2 12's an 8" might give the same effect.... and rusty answered one of my threads and recommended that I go no larger than 1.75cuft with the power I am running.... the first box I built was 1.25cuft @32hz and I did not like it that much so built another, much more happy with the 1.75cuft.... if you really want something loud.... instead of doing 2 lvl3's do 1 XL 12.... your eye ball might pop out I'd rather have the cone area and motor force of 2 12s. DC website recommends 1.25 cubes for a level 3 which is why it was appealing to me since there's not mucch space in a single cab. But I'm determined to get the most out of it as I can, the DC level 3's are perfect for the power I'm running and space I have available (according to what DC recommends on their website) I see what DC recommends thats why I first did that but what the ower of said company recommended me to do is worth more than the conservative spec
SCATHED Posted March 7, 2016 Author Report Posted March 7, 2016 I run a single Level 3 12" with ar cone and it is in an explorer way more space than you are playing with.... built my box to 1.75cuft @32hz after displacements on 1200rms and if it were in a smaller cabin it would probably be 10db louder.... and a single 12 calls for 7" round port in bass box pro... I didnt have the space and went with a 4".... it works well but port noise is audible with anything lower than 35hz... using 2 12's an 8" might give the same effect.... and rusty answered one of my threads and recommended that I go no larger than 1.75cuft with the power I am running.... the first box I built was 1.25cuft @32hz and I did not like it that much so built another, much more happy with the 1.75cuft.... if you really want something loud.... instead of doing 2 lvl3's do 1 XL 12.... your eye ball might pop out I'd rather have the cone area and motor force of 2 12s. DC website recommends 1.25 cubes for a level 3 which is why it was appealing to me since there's not mucch space in a single cab. But I'm determined to get the most out of it as I can, the DC level 3's are perfect for the power I'm running and space I have available (according to what DC recommends on their website) I see what DC recommends thats why I first did that but what the ower of said company recommended me to do is worth more than the conservative spec hmmmmm, well I wonder why they recommend 1.25 then...
3vil Posted March 7, 2016 Report Posted March 7, 2016 Most all speaker manufacturers give "safe" recommendations for box size. They have no idea who is building the box or what they're skill level is, so giving a box spec that is a little on the small side isn't going to hurt, just means the enclosure won't be the most optimal.
SCATHED Posted March 7, 2016 Author Report Posted March 7, 2016 So two level 3 12s in the space I posted is a no go?
SCATHED Posted March 8, 2016 Author Report Posted March 8, 2016 I'm having trouble with a port. Anyone able to lend a hand? I can go 42 wide, 26 tall, top depth of 6 and bottom depth 10
Joe X Posted March 8, 2016 Report Posted March 8, 2016 Man read it this time: with your dimensions only a single 6" port can be done and still get 1.25 net per sub, a single 6" is no good, so find more space if you still want to do the 2 12s.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.