Jump to content

JVC Arsenal H/U's. What's your thoughts??


Recommended Posts

Posted

So, I don't have any experience with the JVC Arsenal line of head units and I can't seem to find any shop that has one on active display. On paper the specs look pretty good, 4 volts pre-outs or higher, multi band eq, low and high pass filter and the list can go on... Is there anyone on the forum that has experience with these units (any Arsenal model)? Do these units stay clear at max volume or close to max volume? How is the BT audio streaming? Any help is greatly appreciated! :good:

Posted

I don't have an arsenal but I do have a higher end JVC unit and it's pretty nice. My only complaints are that the bluetooth takes forever to connect and switching apps is kind of quirky. Say if I want to play a video from youtube Pandora tries to take over the audio signal every time and when I do get it to play if I turn the volume up the volume automatically goes to zero.

I also it sucks with Android devices. Can't stream pandora through the usb conenction only bluetooth. This might have been addressed with the newer models. "Hopefully"

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

I don't own an Arsenal but I do have the highest end Kameleon (KD-AVX77). It has 5v preouts, 5 band eq (I wish it was a 9 band for more fine tuning), I'm not going to list all the features because it has a shit load. USB hookup, HD Radio ready (I have the tuner as well), DVD playback....a full package in a single din unit. This head unit, well mine anyways, does not distort at full volume. I set my system with the DD-1. Bluetooth steaming is crystal clear. If your looking for a bad ass single din head unit, this is probably one of the most full featured ones out there, and its touchscreen. Check it out.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Posted

I haven't played with the Arsenal line, but I have installed a newer 7" flip out. I don't remember what line it was, but I do remember it being really slow. As in you push next track while playing a CD, count to ten, then it'll actually skip and start playing the next track.

Posted

I heard some of the double dins and flip outs are a hit or miss. The KD-AVX77 looks like pretty sick unit, but unfortunately it's discontinued. I am leaning towards the KD-R975BT, spec wise it seems amazing for the price point. I hoping it's not one of those too good to be true situations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 876 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...