Sundown Audio

Amp

Bassessquared

I currently have a audiopipe apcl1500.1 from what I've seen on a dyno it will do rated power. I know a lot of people dislike audiopipe on here and talk trash about them but mine seems to work great. Makes that soundqubed pound. Also stays cool it never gets hot. I've recently have a problem with a weird smell and I can't tell if it's the amp or the sub. It's like a leatherish smell. People have told me it's probably the amp because it puts out "dirty power" so I guess I'm going to buy another amp and see what happens

What amp u running now , if u like that sub get another, soundqubed makes good shit

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Could be the sub glue if the amp isn't getting hot, and that's not good , 1500 is more then that sub wants maybe I see rated is only 1250 but that shouldn't be an issue , if that amp is clipping then it's putting out dirty power and distortion is the worst thing for a sub .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Need a DD-1 to see if it's clipping but shouldn't be I don't know those amps.

I currently have a audiopipe apcl1500.1 from what I've seen on a dyno it will do rated power. I know a lot of people dislike audiopipe on here and talk trash about them but mine seems to work great. Makes that soundqubed pound. Also stays cool it never gets hot. I've recently have a problem with a weird smell and I can't tell if it's the amp or the sub. It's like a leatherish smell. People have told me it's probably the amp because it puts out "dirty power" so I guess I'm going to buy another amp and see what happens

That smell is you heating up the lamination on the coil with the "dirty" signal that amp produces. Audiopipe have gotten better but they'll still on the low low end of what you'd want in the long run. The CAB1600 might be a good choice for you, the design of it licensed from Sundown.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

The DD-1 measures distoriton, not clipping. Distortion is any change in sinusoidal shape of the wave. Clipping happens way after distortion does, when the amp has run out of headroom and starts to flatten the peaks of the wave.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

The DD-1 measures distoriton, not clipping. Distortion is any change in sinusoidal shape of the wave. Clipping happens way after distortion does, when the amp has run out of headroom and starts to flatten the peaks of the wave.
. Then with the DD-1 you will never clip witch is why you should use it.

Archived