Sonic Electronix

Subs cut off at high volume

I've got a FI sp4 D1 and a MB quart da-3000.1. I've got it wired to .5 ohm. I've cleaned and checked all connections, ground power battery replaced the signal wire and the RCA's. The amp doesn't go into protect or anything stays on etx then it will just come back on sometimes after I turn the car off. Sometimes it will play at full tilt for awhile sometimes for only like a min. I'm stumped.......

Not sure don't have a volt meter but I've ran a ct3k in this car..... Seems like if it was going to low the protect would come on. When it goes off it won't come back on when I turn it down it takes awhile. Sometimes hrs. This amp is rated at 1500rms and its overrated so Im maybe getting 1500rms at .5 ohm

Yea I understand it's a cheap amp. It's temporary till I can get my other amp. Its gotten warm but not hot. It's weird like it was fully powered off and when I pulled back up to my house it came back on.... It's freaking weird man. Thinking about wiring the sub to 2 ohm and seeing if it does it still

Checked it with a multimeter and its getting power at the amp so I guess I just gotta suck it up and run it at 2 ohm :/ sucks...... Gonna be getting like 800 rms to a sp4. Guess it's better than nothing till I get my other amp...... Blah. Dunno what else to do. Figured the amp would go into protect instead of just not working or start smoking or something lmao.

I will say the samething as everybody else. That amp isnt designed for .5. Be glad it's lasted this long and it turns back on

Archived