I'm sort of looking for a set up for my existing bags on my truck. I just use them for towing my travel trailer and right now I just have the manual nozzles on each wheel well in the rear. So I fill them up with my compressor and using a tire pressure gauge and get them pretty close. I know I can use a T and use one nozzle and fill both at the same time, but I haven't done it yet.

What I'd like is a small kit so I can just hit a switch up front when the need arises. Sometimes I get to the site and I have to air down, in order to get the trailer off. Doesn't happen often but it's happened. Well then I have to get the mini compressor out for bike tires, and use it to air the bags up again. I'd like to do it from inside the cab.

I was looking at this but i'm not sure if it's good enough or not.

http://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-Quarter-Duty-Onboard-System/dp/B001L7UW3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458597985&sr=8-1&keywords=viair+10002

I don't ever go above 100 psi, and I think 80 psi is about the highest I've gone in the airbags. This kit looks like it's got a 120 psi max.

I eventually want to get some air horns down the line. I'm not sure if I can do it on this or if I'd have to upgrade the system down the line.

Does anyone have any input on this please?

• 2 weeks later...

the item doesnt have the paddle valves to send air to and from the bags.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I'm looking for something similar as well. One for bags while towing and to run small tools like impacts and what not while on service calls and also a train horn. I don't really wanna build my own kit but not sure what I'd need to have to make a train horn work along with being able to plug a small coiled air hose in and tapped in my towing bags.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

the item doesnt have the paddle valves to send air to and from the bags.

x2. The kit you linked has no way to control the air going into or out of the bags. You some solenoid valves and a switch box to control the flow of air. An in-dash pressure monitor helps too.

I'm looking for something similar as well. One for bags while towing and to run small tools like impacts and what not while on service calls and also a train horn. I don't really wanna build my own kit but not sure what I'd need to have to make a train horn work along with being able to plug a small coiled air hose in and tapped in my towing bags.

You'd basically need at least one compressor (I like Viair 480's myself), an air tank, 5 valves (1 to fill front, 1 to drain front, 1 to fill rear, 1 to drain rear, 1 to supply horn), the quick connect fitting of your choice for the airtools, and a distro block to feed from the tank to each of those four areas (many air tanks come with multiple inlet/outlet ports on them).

I just have bags in rear and would prefer them to to be tapped together so they go up equally and deflate equally of a bag blows.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/pts/5477452557.html

What would I need if I go buy this kit? I do plan on upgrading to bigger tank To run all that stuff tho I just need it for an impact for lug nuts that are already broke loose just so I don't turn them by hand and for pulleys on alternators/water pumps and then just small tires and train horn.

Sorry scooter I can make a new thread and delete my posts if you'd like.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

I would not hook the bags to the same lines let me tell you why. If you use one valve on two bags they will infact air up at the same rate, however when you are taking turns one bag is going to get more air and cause unbalance in the pressure of the bags. I would use to two paddle valves and get an analog air pressure gauge. There is a store in rancho cordova, CA thats sells everything you will need very good prices called BC Fabrication.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

• 2 weeks later...

Archived