goldrush1975 Posted April 20, 2008 Report Posted April 20, 2008 I HAVE A 2008 CHEVY AVALNCHE AND I HAVE 2 15" RF TITANIUMS IN A Q-LOGIC BOX. MY QUESTION IS WHAT WAY SHOULD I FACE THE BOX AND WHERE SHOULD I PLACE THE THE AFTER FACING IT. THE MIDGATE CAN BE REMOVE SO I CAN MAXIMIZE MY OUTPUT. NEW ORLEANS CUTT THROATER.
roscoe1129 Posted April 20, 2008 Report Posted April 20, 2008 take off your caps lock no need to yell. Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
Decaf Posted April 20, 2008 Report Posted April 20, 2008 lol likely it will sound better with subs up port up or sub forward port up, as far back as possible
goldrush1975 Posted April 20, 2008 Author Report Posted April 20, 2008 take off your caps lock no need to yell. not yelling. my computer type in caps when i am dispatching my trucks(semi). so if i don't manually override then it will continue in caps. thanks for looking out. now, back to matters at hand. can you help me with the tpocis question. N.O. realest NEW ORLEANS CUTT THROATER.
Aaron813 Posted April 20, 2008 Report Posted April 20, 2008 not yelling. my computer type in caps when i am dispatching my trucks(semi). so if i don't manually override then it will continue in caps. thanks for looking out. now, back to matters at hand. can you help me with the tpocis question. N.O. realest face the box toward the cabin and i would build a better box for it if you ever plan on getting serious about car audio and want to runn alot of power and bigger better woofers
goldrush1975 Posted April 20, 2008 Author Report Posted April 20, 2008 lollikely it will sound better with subs up port up or sub forward port up, as far back as possible but, i don't have that box. my box is, sub and port forward. i am not looking to wake the neighbors or rattle monday into friday, i just want to maximize what i have. NEW ORLEANS CUTT THROATER.
techaninna Posted April 20, 2008 Report Posted April 20, 2008 I am pretty sure that our midgates are similar if not the same. I did testing with box in various positions past the midgate. Through my testing I found that face subs in cabin with subs and port forward is the loudest. I tried the box pushed back some and it kinda echoed but in a bad way. Another thing is make sure you seal it off from the back.... like a mini wall. Here is my build. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=18109 Maybe not what your looking for but just trying to help out. Testing was by ear no meter. Rebuild coming soon
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.