Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

X-15 D2 Box Help


Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently purchased a Sundown Audio X 15 D2 paired with a scv-1500d.Ihave never built a box before so I had a local shop build one for me. To my understanding this speaker preforms best in a box tuned to 32hz. I told the shop that I need this built to this frequency but I believe they did not. They built a slot port box, 33.5x20.75x16.5 with a 15.5x23x4 port, with 1 inch wood. After calculating this on numerous box calculators I come up with around 40 Hz. I'm interested in knowing if these calculations are correct and if so what, if possible what the correct dimensions should be with this box. The 33.5 and 16.5 are maxed out on my trunk space but it could've been built up to 8 inches longer. Thank you for any of your help.

Posted

In Torres I get 3.65 ft3 at 35hz with 62 in2 port area. Not bad but not ideal either. No matter how you look at it, going off the information given, It's not a 32hz tune.

Posted

But that would lower your internal airspace which increases tuning, anyways with 1" wood you should have a port height of 14.5" not 15.5" and the 23" port length was measured along the center line?

Posted

It should be 3.8 net @ 35Hz net then. Port area is 58 square inches, everything is somewhat smaller than what sundown would recommend.

Posted

I have two X-15 D4's in 3.5 net each @ 35 in my Bug and love it! I did have one in 4.25 net @ 32 and it sounded wonderful too! IDK if the juice would be worth the squeeze making marginal changes. Remember, they naturally play low.

Posted

I have two X-15 D4's in 3.5 net each @ 35 in my Bug and love it! I did have one in 4.25 net @ 32 and it sounded wonderful too! IDK if the juice would be worth the squeeze making marginal changes. Remember, they naturally play low.

I'm going from 3 12's to this so it might just take some getting used to and once the sub is broken in so I can hear it better, it just seems like its hitting high to me

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8296 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...