Second Skin Audio

Help with box for dc lvl 5 with psi soft parts 18" sub

solar0987

Final%20Box%20Design%201_zpsz1sr8no9.png Talked with sean over at dc. He said my specs were pretty dead on. but to make the port a little bigger and tune for 33hz. So thats what im going with. 5.7 cubes braced will be around 5.5 from his and my calculations. He is a really nice guy! Box will be built sunday :D sub should be shipped by now, wires and terminals are otw, volt gauge is otw, now just another battery and a amp.. decisions decisions..

I dont think you understand what T/S parameters are.

Because its nothing DC can tell you over the phone, nor PSI for that matter.

As I get you, this has a total cost of 68$ The specs from psi and dc are pretty much the same. Talked to the guy i bought it from also. Everyone is agreeing that this will sound good, what am i missing?

The fact that the woofer in question has to be ran on something like a Dayton Audio WT3 or a SMD IM-SG to have the T/S parameters pulled from the woofer to know things such as fs, mms, le, re, rms, bl.

Things that no one knows especially on a woofer that has various parts used that differ from the oem parts.

5.5 to 6 cubic feet with 17 square inches of port per cubed tuned at 34-35hz are not T/S parameters.

Those numbers just mean its a rather generic enclosure size.

Like a prefab enclosure....

Some numbers that make up an enclosure that you could put a few different 18s in to and it would work, but will it be the best. Nah.

Well with talking to dc and psi, they said 5.5 cubes at 30hz is a great start anything bigger and it doesnt sound as good. they said 30hz would be fine also. there are otehr calculators on the web ill try a diff one then. I just need cut sheet for box really so I can build it. I have tried asking for help here and no one answered. I just want a basic boz ported to 30hz at 5.5 cubes top facing sub top facing port. dimensions can be 36x21x21 at most. And them parameters are not on there site. Know where i could find them?

Since what you have is kind of a FrankenSub, you aren't going to find the T/S parameters anyway, they would have to be measured from the sub.

I think your idea of just putting it in a 5.5 cube box tuned to 30 Hz is reasonable. Have you tried using something like Torres to come up with a box plan?

Do you have a good link for Torres and WinsID?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived