Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

2 Amps, How To Run Power Wire?


Recommended Posts

Posted

hey guys, quick question. I'm trying to decide how I should run my power wire. I already have a 1 guage power wire ran to the trunk of my car and I was wondering if I am going to have to run another wire to the trunk also to run a high and mid amp or if there was any way I could branch off the existing power wire? If I can branch off my sub amp power wire then how would I do it? I've tried looking at pics of installs to see if people had only used one power wire for their subs amp and mid/high amp and cant tell if they ran 2 power wires or not.

someone please help, I was planning on doing this today.

any input is appreciated.

Posted

It may not be the best / safest thing to do, but I have bolts coming through my amp rack that I connect the + / - wires to. It was a lot cheaper than buying a few more dist. blocks...

kinetika.jpg

kinetikb.jpg

Posted

that looks really really good but what I was planning was i know no where near as good as what you did but the only way I can think of it working would be to have my current power wire and then twist another power wire into that one and trim it down so it will still fit into the power wire whole on my sub amp and then run that second one to the mid and high amp

I know it sounds ghetto but thats the only way I can think of doing it without running another power wire, unless I used a distrobution block but I cant find a distrobution block that goes from 1 guage to 2 1 guages which I would only be able to run the mid high amp off maybe 2 guage at the biggest. any other opinions?

Posted
that looks really really good but what I was planning was i know no where near as good as what you did but the only way I can think of it working would be to have my current power wire and then twist another power wire into that one and trim it down so it will still fit into the power wire whole on my sub amp and then run that second one to the mid and high amp

I know it sounds ghetto but thats the only way I can think of doing it without running another power wire, unless I used a distrobution block but I cant find a distrobution block that goes from 1 guage to 2 1 guages which I would only be able to run the mid high amp off maybe 2 guage at the biggest. any other opinions?

look into Stinger T-blocks bro. they made a 1/0 in and (2) 1/0 out

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Posted

Go to Stinger and look at the distrubution blocks, its the best and safest way to run multiple amps.

Stinger has a distrubution block for almost every application.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

 

Terryswork001.png

Posted

would it be better to run a distrubution block than running another power wire to the back?

I tried hooking up the amp using the wiring from my sub amp but I only tried running one speaker off of it because I didnt want to run all the wiring to my 8 speakers until I knew that the amp worked and it would only let me run it bridged. Is this because of the amp being a 4/3/2 channel amp? the amp is an older kenwood kac-848 also even while I was running one of my 5.25s off of it, it sounded worse than just running it off of the h/u and I set the amp to the high pass filter and tuned it but all that really came out was bass? could this be another thing that was because I was only running 1 speaker to it and it was bridged?

I only know a little about mono amps I have never even used a 2 channel amp until now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2312 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...