chad190 Posted April 30, 2016 Author Report Posted April 30, 2016 Damn they are getting down!! Thanks dude, I feel bad for that trunk lid 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
chad190 Posted June 6, 2016 Author Report Posted June 6, 2016 Well, sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't had very much luck with these zcons. In the last picture above I stated I had just put a fresh recone in that sub. everything went great for a while then a couple weeks ago the dustcap flew off that sub and took the whole top layer of the cone with it: So I used goop extreme (Same thing I used to put the dustcap on with the recone) to re-install the dustcap for the time being until I talked to Sounds Solutions Audio to see where to go from here. A few days later, I was driving home from work and heard a horrible sound coming from the subs. Pulled over and found this: The surround separated from the cone all the way around except for a few inches. Not real sure why/how it happened they're not overpowered by any means on the soundqubed 3500 at 1 ohm. Anyways, I sent these pictures to the SSA customer service because the recone is only a few weeks old at this point I figured it should be covered by warranty. I just heard back from SSA today, and I quote from the e-mail: "It is difficult to warranty a subwoofer that had amplifier gains set with a DD-1, because you listen to music and not just 2 test tones. So power and clipping, that you are not seeing because of the DD-1, will cause the damage. I will go as far to split the cost as I want to get you back up and running asap." Splitting the cost of another recone is better than nothing I suppose, I just don't know how to feel about it not being covered because I set the amp with a DD-1? If clipping and power was the case, wouldn't the internals go first? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Then, to add to everything, the other zcon started sounding like crap so I pulled it out to find this: broken basket. 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
frogcase2002 Posted June 6, 2016 Report Posted June 6, 2016 Sorry to see that man. . Iv only had good luck with all the zcons iv had Clarion cz702 Ssa evil mids and tweeters ppi 900.4 2 zcon 18s Taramps 10k 3 big dekas 1 xs 3 runs of 4/0 and big 3 300+ amp ohio generator 155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25
frogcase2002 Posted June 6, 2016 Report Posted June 6, 2016 If you ever end up wanting to get rid of the motors I would probably be interested Clarion cz702 Ssa evil mids and tweeters ppi 900.4 2 zcon 18s Taramps 10k 3 big dekas 1 xs 3 runs of 4/0 and big 3 300+ amp ohio generator 155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25
chad190 Posted June 6, 2016 Author Report Posted June 6, 2016 Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, I'm going to rebuild both from the motors up. New baskets and drop in recones and go from there. 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
notorious97200 Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 I run my 15" Zcon for 2 years on an Incriminator Audio 20.1 amplifier with absolutely no problem. I tune by ears, without o'scope or DD1 ! There must be a problem somewhere in your install. I can't think you had 2 bad subs. One maybe, but 2 ? No way ! You need to find what's bad. Nice work btw. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Karkov Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 wow, both subs, tuned in for outcome.......weird it was both subs but how does install wreck a basket? did you pound the sub into the hole? jk, jk I have never run those subs so I cant say but maybe you could try different subs all together and see how it goes for you. IDK.....I would be bummed too 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Devil Reject Posted June 11, 2016 Report Posted June 11, 2016 Nice build so far. Waiting for the fix. It'll sound real good sealed up.
chad190 Posted June 12, 2016 Author Report Posted June 12, 2016 I run my 15" Zcon for 2 years on an Incriminator Audio 20.1 amplifier with absolutely no problem. I tune by ears, without o'scope or DD1 ! There must be a problem somewhere in your install. I can't think you had 2 bad subs. One maybe, but 2 ? No way ! You need to find what's bad. Nice work btw. Yeah there was an issue somewhere, but I ordered two new recones and baskets from SSA to rebuild both from magnets up. Just playing the waiting game right now. I've heard nothing but good things about these subs so I'm sure everything should be okay once the subs are finished 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
chad190 Posted June 12, 2016 Author Report Posted June 12, 2016 wow, both subs, tuned in for outcome.......weird it was both subs but how does install wreck a basket? did you pound the sub into the hole? jk, jk I have never run those subs so I cant say but maybe you could try different subs all together and see how it goes for you. IDK.....I would be bummed too Not real sure how I managed to break the basket, I've actually never seen one break in person before. I thought about running new subs all together but I'm hoping I just got unlucky or something with these two we'll see how they do once rebuilt. I will post up pictures and updates when the recones come in 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.