bcbrassard Posted May 3, 2016 Report Posted May 3, 2016 http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs225p-4-8-reference-paper-woofer-4-ohm--295-377 https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/scanspeak-22w/4534g-discovery-8-woofer-4-ohm/ https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/peerless-nomex-830869-8-nomex-cone-woofer/ All good budget friendly choices, and probably sound pretty good as well.
gizmo1 Posted May 3, 2016 Author Report Posted May 3, 2016 He cut the sheet metal out behind the kick panel in order to give the 8's more air space. If you're putting a component set in the kicks, why not put the 8" midbass in the stock door location? It'd be relatively simple, and wouldn't involve fiberglass. I could do this wouldn't it basically be running free air also I think I may still have to fiberglass 8 would be bigger and possibly stop window from rolling up and down. If it has to stick out too it will block my glove box hood release and make for frustrating time lol. Also was already planning to fiberglass door panels since they are kind of shitty.
bcbrassard Posted May 3, 2016 Report Posted May 3, 2016 He cut the sheet metal out behind the kick panel in order to give the 8's more air space. If you're putting a component set in the kicks, why not put the 8" midbass in the stock door location? It'd be relatively simple, and wouldn't involve fiberglass. I could do this wouldn't it basically be running free air also I think I may still have to fiberglass 8 would be bigger and possibly stop window from rolling up and down. If it has to stick out too it will block my glove box hood release and make for frustrating time lol. Also was already planning to fiberglass door panels since they are kind of shitty. Its more of a port into the body than free air due to the size of the hole behind the kick panels. Enclosure in kick panel would work well. I am just a firm believer that midbass shoud be lower and mid & highs higher up for the best sound stage. I dont have ears at my ankles so i like the vocals & instruments up high. Wifes car is getting focal 3.5" comps in the pillars, but her car is a much more SQ set up than mine. But mine gets loud as fuck to me. Sons 94 ext cab will most likely get 8" kick panels sine i have a set of Q-Forms already. He has 5.25" in the doors so a nice set of comps, and he wants his back seat so 4 Sundown 8's under the seat ported on about 2K. Keep us posted on what you decide.
gizmo1 Posted May 4, 2016 Author Report Posted May 4, 2016 Will do bro preciate the advice. I checked out those qform kicks they don't make them for my year of bronco and damn if they aren't pricey lol. Plus there's nothing I love as much as fiberglassing hate the itch but love the process lol. If your talking about the SA8's those are nice AF 4 of those would be the shit. Had a single one in my old car. Not sure but I think I prefered it over my 2 lvl 3 15s. Hopefully I didn't start a shit storm by saying that. One last question what voice coils should I go with 2ohm 4ohm dvc svc? I'll probably run them off a 2 channel RF amp hidden in center console.
MotorCityFats13 Posted May 4, 2016 Report Posted May 4, 2016 run the voice coil combo that best suits your amps power and your needs.... if its a 2 ohm stable two channel I would run them at 2 ohm and gain them properly
bcbrassard Posted May 5, 2016 Report Posted May 5, 2016 Will do bro preciate the advice. I checked out those qform kicks they don't make them for my year of bronco and damn if they aren't pricey lol. Plus there's nothing I love as much as fiberglassing hate the itch but love the process lol. If your talking about the SA8's those are nice AF 4 of those would be the shit. Had a single one in my old car. Not sure but I think I prefered it over my 2 lvl 3 15s. Hopefully I didn't start a shit storm by saying that. One last question what voice coils should I go with 2ohm 4ohm dvc svc? I'll probably run them off a 2 channel RF amp hidden in center console. Ya there is a guy on here that did 4 8's ported and it turned out badass. No shit storms here, just good old opinions. Just match up power ratings of amp to speakers. If i ran mine in 2 ohm they would peak power of 300 rms so i went the safer route with 8 ohm and getting around 130+ rms. With almost 1000 watts in the front stage it gets loud. Bummer on the Q-forms and ya they are spendy. I guess the door will be your next best location with mids and highs located for best sound imaging.
Patrick Bateman Posted May 9, 2016 Report Posted May 9, 2016 I am personally running B&C 8NDL51s in bandpass enclosures for my midbass. (I am running an array of three midbasses per side.) The B&C is really nice. Highly recommended. It is also expensive. John Hasquin over at diyaudio clued me in to this new driver from Eminence. (Eminence Beta 6A) It's a beast, they've basically enlarged the voice coil to handle huge amounts of power. You can see that the voice coil is so large, it's almost larger than the cone itself! It's cheap too, just $60. If I had to do it over again, I might go this route.On the downside, because it's ferrite, it's a big driver. My 8NDL51s are much smaller because they're neodymium. And because it's a prosound driver, you'll have to make a ported or bandpass enclosure to get it to play down to 80hz. As noted earlier, my midbasses are bandpass.
sherwinmarlin Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 I have the beyma 8g40s and they sound pretty nice. Ton of punch out of them. so what are u using for tweeters with your beymas?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.