gizmo1 Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 I want to put a 8" up front for some mid bass. Either a single 8 in a fiberglass pod/console or 2 8s right behind the front seats. In a suv. So I'm wandering if either of these would sound good. Would it complement the subs in the rear cargo area or just sound like ass. Also any suggestions on small 8" subs that don't require a lot of airspace and preferably don't require a lot of power.
Smoove Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 I can't find the longer thread. But there are some really well done doors running RF P2 8's. And I am also running P2 8's for that same purposeThere are a couple of builds here with RF p3 8's in doors also 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Carnines Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 I have the beyma 8g40s and they sound pretty nice. Ton of punch out of them.
gizmo1 Posted May 1, 2016 Author Report Posted May 1, 2016 Yea had my eyes on those p2 8s can they be run as a free air subs in door applications or do they need to be enclosed. I wouldn't mind running them in my doors either. Now I'm just wandering how it would sound better. In the doors a single one in a fiberglass pod up front or a couple of them in an enclosure between front and back seats.
gizmo1 Posted May 1, 2016 Author Report Posted May 1, 2016 The beymas are a little out of my price range want to keep to something under 80 bucks each.
magillaru Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 Mclarens would be in your price range Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
MotorCityFats13 Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 midbass is a directional sound so from other threads i have read they need to be in a not mono, front stage configuration hence why people dont just throw out rear doors and put 8" drivers in those .... im sure as this thread goes on more people will touch on this subject..... I think anything above 100hz you can tell where its coming from and it throws off staging
Carnines Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 Yea had my eyes on those p2 8s can they be run as a free air subs in door applications or do they need to be enclosed. I wouldn't mind running them in my doors either. Now I'm just wandering how it would sound better. In the doors a single one in a fiberglass pod up front or a couple of them in an enclosure between front and back seats. I mean if you had 250-300 watts on a pair of beymas Im sure you can hear them over anything you have at 95db sensitivity. I think Galen Winsette only uses 2 8's for his 160 db set up.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 The doors would be ideal if you could fit them. Kick panels can work but take more effort to get enough air space. I have also heard of people building enclosures to fit under the dash on each side. Mid bass in a center console will kill the stereo image. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
gizmo1 Posted May 1, 2016 Author Report Posted May 1, 2016 Ok I don't mind putting them in my doors at all. Saving the kick space for components. When using an 8 in door configuration how is the door sealed off just with deadners? Or would it be better to make a sealed fiberglass pod that attaches to the door.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.