Sundown Audio

Amp suggestions

aBav20

Those 12 twisted sounds 3.5k tho................

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Sounds like they get a lot of love from their users. Do you think the 1.3k version will push a SQ HDS315 with authority? How will it preform (power wise, not necessarily quality wise) compared to the amps I listed in my first post?

Sounds like they get a lot of love from their users. Do you think the 1.3k version will push a SQ HDS315 with authority? How will it preform (power wise, not necessarily quality wise) compared to the amps I listed in my first post?

It will push it fine.

The HDS3 uses cheap soft parts and uses a small magnet/motor (145 oz) for a sub with its RMS power (i wouldn't give it above RMS unless you want to kill it).

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of the HDS3 (the american bass XR 15 uses a 200 oz magnet and has better soft parts, it's only like 20 dollars more expensive).

I guess I'm not really partial to an HDS315 either. I just figured it would be the best I can get for the money.

It's great for the money but with the nice amps your looking at (along with you having upgraded alternator) I would try to squeeze an american bass XR15 in your budget (not much more than the HDS3 and will be a slight upgrade across the board).

Do you think an American Bass XR15 on a Twisted Sounds 1.3k will pound pretty hard?

Having upgraded electrical is huge in your case (most cars run stock alts and barely get 500-700RMS watts to there sub).

You getting a good 15 inch woofer with an amp that will do rated power, you should get very loud

Wattage and enclosure are huge factors when determining output (your going to want to get a custom box built, for a 15 inch it should be about $160-220 from a good box builder). For an XR your going to want the box ported and tuned to 32-34hz

Okay thanks for the suggestions and information. I'm definitely getting a custom box made for whatever sub I get next. I've also been thinking... I might as well spend a few more dollars and get a DD 15 700 series sub. I know where to get one for a decent price that's not much more than an American Bass sub.

Never seen anyone disappointed in DD. Make sure u check prices on the 3500 and 9500 shit bangs. If your serious 9900 . Nothing wrong with American bass either love the VFL lines though. VFL has there own sub line beefy subs.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Yes I was on the DD site and scrolled farther down and saw all of the USA made subs and now I'm looking at a 3500 series 15. I would feel so confident in my system if I had a sub made in the USA. Gotta start saving up some $$$ now lol.

Archived