BRiedman Posted May 7, 2016 Report Posted May 7, 2016 I am trying to figure out how to build your own subwoofer enclosure but I don't understand Ports all that well. I have read the pinned thread on here about them. I just don't get like what size port does what hz. If that makes sense.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted May 7, 2016 Report Posted May 7, 2016 Port frequency depends on the size of the box as well as the length and cross sectional area of the port. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Joe X Posted May 7, 2016 Report Posted May 7, 2016 If you are just wanting to get to know some simple formulas here's a link: http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=21 A better way is using modeling software such as WinISD if you don't mind the learning curve.
Jessica Posted May 7, 2016 Report Posted May 7, 2016 There is a a mathematical formula. I wouldn't want to do the math . You could use Torres Calc for slot port and precision ports website has a nice one for are ports Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
BRiedman Posted May 7, 2016 Author Report Posted May 7, 2016 I would actually like just to see a formula, it would help me better understand. Thank You everyone for replying, any more is also appreciated.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 7, 2016 Report Posted May 7, 2016 I would actually like just to see a formula, it would help me better understand. Thank You everyone for replying, any more is also appreciated. This site gives the formula: http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/vent_tuning.htm "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted May 7, 2016 Report Posted May 7, 2016 I would actually like just to see a formula, it would help me better understand. Thank You everyone for replying, any more is also appreciated. You might have missed my previous post, here are formulas for both port area and post length: http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=21 Or the link posted above.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.