Second Skin Audio

4th Order Ported Through Rear Deck Arm rest- Advice needed

Why don't just use a ported box (which is also a 4th order box,but not bandpass)?

No need to use a 4th order bandpass.

trunk car. I dont want to seal off a box nor do i want to just lay one in the trunk.

only option is a 4th that fires through rear deck or run a pair of 6.5 subs in the rear deck.

Just port through the read deck with a "regular" ported box if you want to use less space, the only sealing you will have to do is the rear deck.

But this is one of the very few installs where a bandpass box will be a good/better replacement, only when you are willing to sacrifice space. (you could always drop to 1 10)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Why don't just use a ported box (which is also a 4th order box,but not bandpass)?

trunk car. I dont want to seal off a box nor do i want to just lay one in the trunk.

only option is a 4th that fires through rear deck or run a pair of 6.5 subs in the rear deck.

Just port through the read deck with a "regular" ported box if you want to use less space, the only sealing you will have to do is the rear deck.

But this is one of the very few installs where a bandpass box will be a good/better replacement, only when you are willing to sacrifice space. (you could always drop to 1 10)

Rear deck is already sealed. And a normal ported box would likely not work well because the sub would be in a chamber separate from what it is pressurizing. Hence why i need a 4th order bandpass. I am trying to design a 4th for 1 8" that utilizes just one 4" aero port. I dont want a huge box.

Rear deck is already sealed. And a normal ported box would likely not work well because the sub would be in a chamber separate from what it is pressurizing. Hence why i need a 4th order bandpass. I am trying to design a 4th for 1 8" that utilizes just one 4" aero port. I dont want a huge box.

The port is in the chamber you want to pressurize, just like with the bandpass.(the only difference is that you might get some rattles from the trunk)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

The port is in the chamber you want to pressurize, just like with the bandpass.(the only difference is that you might get some rattles from the trunk)

so would building a ported box with an external port (square or circle) firing through ski pass hole work? There would be loss from some back pressure i assume.

Archived