Sundown Audio

DC 7.5k in protect - amp gut PICS - please help

zack_e89

I bought two used 7.5ks a while back and they sat in my closet while my install was getting done. Bought them on SMD from a very reputable guy and was told they were in 100% working order, so I made the dumb decision to never test them out...Oh well. Hooked them up for the first time - no music or anything - and it went right into protect, but the other amp works perfectly. I believe the amp was damaged in shipping, but it really doesn't matter now. I'm going to call amp medics tomorrow...

Does anyone see any problems? Seemed a little dirty but to my untrained eye nothing looked obviously wrong.

rIPlN8k.jpg

i9I3ifD.jpg

mjhe87x.jpg

oHAKL09.jpg

wkNi8mq.jpg

nfjYeMg.jpg

JDpN8vg.jpg

tlQiEPy.jpg

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

I gave Amp Medics a call earlier today and will be sending it off tomorrow. Great guy and answered all my questions - awesome service! So far, I'd definitely suggest Amp Medics. His estimate was 4-7 weeks and the top end of repairing it would be $475.

97 Suburban

I've used Steve twice and will continue to use him if I ever have a problem. Great CS

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

• 1 month later...

He told me today that he couldn't get the amp to go into protect. I'm thinking that something was knocked loose when it was sent to me and maybe knocked back into place when it was shipped to him? I have no idea. My amp went into protect in my truck, and it also went into protect when hooked up to just a battery on my work bench so it wasn't my connections or head unit or anything.

97 Suburban

Archived