Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer ideas!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Other mods I've done.

https://goo.gl/photos/7w8dqK67T8bLLahp9

Footwear and door sills light up when doors opened.

https://goo.gl/photos/Qf7SbjGzcVrPQqFV6

Process when I was doing sound deadening.

https://goo.gl/photos/FNY6pzkgpYJ4cihK9

https://goo.gl/photos/Sjd8EuuneQfkM1f37

Previous setup. Didn't have much choice between work and army duty. Upgraded to the 3.sixty.3 since that pic.

https://goo.gl/photos/tax8RGDQUDKAY9At7

And of course tinted and I plastidipped the rims.

https://goo.gl/photos/XqYCb3quJYLJvepE9

Morimoto HID Zeno lights

All power wires are in line fused.

Not the prettiest but I knew it wasn't going to last too long before I did an upgrade. The amp just pushed it to the front of the line.

And Yes, I will be redoing the Amp box. As I'm sure it will be...

1. A longer amp than there is currently.

2. Either on top or behind. Depending on sub box.

3. Might make it look fancy, or make it just functional as this one is.

4. Regardless it will need to be wider or taller to add in another amp. For a total of 6 channels for my speakers. Will most likely look for a 600watt 4 channel to push my doors then leave the 300 to handle the dash/tweeters.

Posted

SP4?

Fi sp4

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Posted

No problem Hifonix, good looking out though!

and wow.... yes i know the FI SP4..... I totally thought he was referring to having a 3.sixty.4 or some shit.... .I was about to call BS on that one lololol or wonder how it slipped by me :P

Posted

Alright! I think we need to switch up :(.

I definitely had my eyes on the Zcon...

But I don't forsee an altenator happening. And I love in the south... Not giving up AC.

SO BEST sub for about a 1000 watt area :(

Posted
Posted

Thank you rain. Curious as to which is geared for more of a SQ type sub but still having some serious spl? Everyones ears are different and audio needs vary, but I'm assuming the DC would still be your top contender?

These subs look so.... Miniscule compared to my original intended setup :(.

How's that HDC3, I looked at those for a bit.

Posted

They have very stiff suspension. Break in time is pretty long. But overall, I like mine. I wouldn't recommend a HDC3 series for 1K power. HDS3 series would be good on that power though. Had a few HDC312's and they got really loud on a lot less power.

Posted

Thank you rain. Curious as to which is geared for more of a SQ type sub but still having some serious spl? Everyones ears are different and audio needs vary, but I'm assuming the DC would still be your top contender?

These subs look so.... Miniscule compared to my original intended setup :(.

How's that HDC3, I looked at those for a bit.

For SQ I would choose the Icon, the Havoc or the SSD.

But you don't need 2500 w to enjoy a Zcon. I understand you limitation with your alt, but you can have a battery or 2 in the back.

Take a look at the SSA Xcon : with 1000 to 2000 w rms, you'll love it. I had an Icon on 1000 w, then I changed to an Xcon on same power : I was sooo happy with that. It was louder, heavier, in the same box too.

You need to build a box that goes with the power you'll run.

A sub doesn't need the matching watts rms to play. You won't be at full tilt all the times.

Don't limit yourself because of the available power.

.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

I will certainly look at the xcon. =p. Just gotta look at the box details and builder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8734 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...