Is this voltage drop due to wire length?

just throwing some thoughts out there. You said the front and back both drop at the same time, but the back seems to take longer to come back up. I'm going to assume that you have your fluke on the front battery and you are using your Stinger volt meter to watch the rear. Since digital volt meters like that are slower to react, is it possible that both are coming back up in voltage at the same time, but the Stinger is just not reacting as fast?

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

just throwing some thoughts out there. You said the front and back both drop at the same time, but the back seems to take longer to come back up. I'm going to assume that you have your fluke on the front battery and you are using your Stinger volt meter to watch the rear. Since digital volt meters like that are slower to react, is it possible that both are coming back up in voltage at the same time, but the Stinger is just not reacting as fast?

The back doors not come back up at all, that's the problem I'm trying to figure out. The front will drop and immediately be back up, the back will drop and stay at 13v.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

one battery or two?

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

one battery or two?

Just a front battery. I don't plan on putting more batteries in until I exceed what my alt can produce. Which currently I at the very most, with ac going and closing every window while full tilt, to hit 100a of draw.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I say get two good meters that can do a min/max function, set them up, run full tilt or whatever, then compare the two numbers. If the one from the rear is bad off then you've got a problem somewhere, if there close, then I say screw it and leave it. As everyone has already said, if you've got like .1 difference front to back, don't worry. If you're losing .5v or more, then start checking connections, and testing the voltage drop on the wire.

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

I say get two good meters that can do a min/max function, set them up, run full tilt or whatever, then compare the two numbers. If the one from the rear is bad off then you've got a problem somewhere, if there close, then I say screw it and leave it. As everyone has already said, if you've got like .1 difference front to back, don't worry. If you're losing .5v or more, then start checking connections, and testing the voltage drop on the wire.

If I honestly had a .5 difference max, I wouldn't care. It's just the fact that the current draw is so tiny compared to what can be produced. And there is a whole volt difference, that is what gets me. I will see if I can find someone with a meter like that. I am dead broke for a while, like, long while, months. So hopefully I can find someone with a better, newer meter to get some better testing done.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If your readings are consistent you don't need to monitor them both simultaneously. Read at the battery with your one "good" meter and use the same one in the back? I would put the negative lead to your equal length negative and see what you get and then check it with your lead on a solid chassis ground in the back. If it voltage comes up just add a small negative bus in your trunk and you'll have both.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

If your readings are consistent you don't need to monitor them both simultaneously. Read at the battery with your one "good" meter and use the same one in the back? I would put the negative lead to your equal length negative and see what you get and then check it with your lead on a solid chassis ground in the back. If it voltage comes up just add a small negative bus in your trunk and you'll have both.

I had only monitored them both to check for issues. I only have a single one in my car that reads what the amps see.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Wait,

How are you measuring the voltage?

The rear amps I have a stinger volt meter wired too which I have checked to see it's still accurate as they can be. To do that measuring, and to compare the front to back, I use a old fluke DMM.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm