briandye Posted May 31, 2016 Report Posted May 31, 2016 So im making this thread to get some ideas/suggestions, and just chit chat about portable speakers. I work in a factory, and when the big bosses leave, we like to pull out our music, and crank it up. I pretty much have taken the role of the audio provider, as everyone else buys the cheap (or expensive, but waste of money) little bluetooth speakers that are good for personal use, like really f'in close to you to even hear it. I started out with smaller ones like the UE Boom, and the JBL (cant remember the name, but the one that had a huge built in battery to charge your phone), and wanted more. Those were nice, but only when they were close by. I eventually picked up a Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2, which sounds amazing. Problem is, you only get like 1/2 the volume when its not plugged in. Once its plugged in, it sounds damn good, and has great bass. Well, now I want more again. I was looking at the Ion Block Rocker which had like a 75hr battery life, built in FM, bluetooth, etc and I think 2 drivers. I liked it, but then watched some in depth reviews of people actually turning them up, and they sounded awful at high volumes. I then found the Monster Rockin Roller which was like the same thing, but less battery life, and better audio. Sounded great at full blast. I liked it, almost ordered one. THEN I came across the Aiwa (yeah, they're back from the 90's lol) Exos-9 which is a beast. Its 200w, powered by a lipo battery that you can take out and put an extended one in for like 18hrs of playback. It was $299, and I want it, but the damn thing is sold out everywhere, and when I contacted them directly, they said it'd probably be late-summer before they had any in stock again, but werent for sure. What do you guys use? (More interested in the BIG speakers, not little personal ones like Beats Pills and such) Im considering building my own, ive made a couple cooler stereos before, and some 6x9s with the right amp and airspace can really pound. Problem is, I can't work with wood for crap, so I would have to pay someone to make me a box to start with and then cut the speaker holes and whatnot myself, lol. Speakers mentioned above: Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2: ($120~, 60w, "5hr" batt, more like 2 from my exp, sounds good but not enough for me, plus its such a stupid looking speaker) Ion Block Rocker: ($180~ 50w, 8" woofer, 2"? tweeter, 50hr batt) Monster Rollin Rocker: ($180~ 80w, 75hr batt, weatherproof) Aiwa Exos-9: ($299, 200w, 8hr batt/18hr ext batt) 2006 Ford Explorer XLT
briandye Posted May 31, 2016 Author Report Posted May 31, 2016 Hell no lol. No quality/loudness in the world would get me to pay $800+ for a bluetooth speaker! Im sure the audio quality is bar none, but no way. Take the gimmicks off of it like the diamond LED and whatnot and give us a much more budget friendly version with the same audio equipment and we can talk. 2006 Ford Explorer XLT
CstrokerV Posted May 31, 2016 Report Posted May 31, 2016 Lol there isnt any gimmics on it.. you wont beat that for 800 dollars even d.i.ying... and he is making a smaller version my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.