Sweety Posted June 2, 2016 Author Report Posted June 2, 2016 go find a area of circle calculaor on the internet. plug in your port diameter take the result X length of port. take that time number of ports. if you have any port that will be external dont count that. edit: use the OD of the pvc Thanks for that, maths isn't my strong point at all as you might tell. Grateful for your help so far guys
Joe X Posted June 2, 2016 Report Posted June 2, 2016 Thanks for your help Joe X, my other option is to maybe build this enclosure I found on here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149509-box-design-help1st-time-box-builder/ only thing I'm not sure on is the port length as I normally do a double baffle on the front, would removing 3/4" off the end of the port wall to compensate for the extra added by a double baffle & add 45' bracing to all of the corners work? I was looking for a 34-35hz tuning point really as it's for my every day motor but a little lower at 33hz shouldn't make that much difference would it ? By the way many thanks for your help with the plans I put up a while ago on a 3.5ft^3 enclosure for my Son, got it built & it sounds nice & he's really pleased with it A couple of questions, what's the vehicle? what's the box dimensions that would be best in your situation?
Sweety Posted June 3, 2016 Author Report Posted June 3, 2016 At the moment I own a Nissan Terrano 2 R20 (4x4) but it will hopefully be getting replaced later in the year for a Ford Mondeo estate or possibly the hatch back but i'me in the UK so model names for the Mondeo might be different where you are & I know the Terrano was never sold in the US or Canada. Max I would say is 30W X 14.5H X 14D
Joe X Posted June 3, 2016 Report Posted June 3, 2016 This is an older sub likely aimed at sealed usage, with some tweaking it will work in ported but I wouldn't expect great or too loud, the good news is that your dimensions will work great and no round port is required, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2", figure is just an assembly guide:
Sweety Posted June 3, 2016 Author Report Posted June 3, 2016 Many thanks again Joe X but noticed this is 2ft^3, I know JBL recommend 1.76ft^3 (50L) would my sub work ok in the larger volume enclosure? I can put up the full spec's for the sub if needed
Joe X Posted June 4, 2016 Report Posted June 4, 2016 I have these: JBL GT3 12 Fs = 28.2 Hz Qms = 5.53 Vas = 100.4 liters Cms = 254.5 µm/N Mms = 125 g Rms = 4.01 kg/s Xmax = 10.92 mm Xmech = 16.38 mm P-Dia = 259 mm Sd = 527 sq.cm P-Vd = 0.576 liters Qes = 0.6 Re = 3.14 ohms Le = 1.15 mH Z = 4 ohms BL = 10.69 Tm Pe = 225 watts Qts = 0.54 no = 0.362 % 1-W SPL = 87.73 dB You won't run into any issues since you are only running rated power to the sub, anyhow if you would wish to do the 50L box here is it:
Sweety Posted June 4, 2016 Author Report Posted June 4, 2016 Thanks I wasn't sure if a large enclosure would cause issues or not, am I right in thinking the larger enclosure would most likely sound louder to the ear due to the larger volume
Allen Lancos Posted June 4, 2016 Report Posted June 4, 2016 Check out Audible Engineering for aero , love mine! I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.
Joe X Posted June 4, 2016 Report Posted June 4, 2016 Thanks I wasn't sure if a large enclosure would cause issues or not, am I right in thinking the larger enclosure would most likely sound louder to the ear due to the larger volume It's a small increase, you get a small gain on your lows for free, no side effects as long as you don't overpower.
Sweety Posted June 4, 2016 Author Report Posted June 4, 2016 That's good to know & cheers, have no plans on changing the amp or the sub at the moment but when I do replace the sub i'll be getting a bigger amp anyway & use this JBL amp to power the front speakers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.