NON Audio Alternator question

Just curious what the consensus is on alternator replacement options. This is for my wife's DD Honda Pilot.

1st, the symptoms. Loud whining sound coming from the alternator, burnt smell as well. Pitch varies with rpm. Battery light on. Car off battery reads 12.5. Car on reads 14.1. So for now it's still putting out power but will likely self destruct soon.

Now, what would you replace it with? Rock auto has several brands that are remanufactured between $125 and $150 with 12-24 month warrenties. Remy, AC Delco, Denso and Bosch to be specific.

They have two NEW alt at $180, TYC and REMY, both with limited lifetime warrenty.

OR, I can walk into my local Advanced Auto, 7 blocks away, and get a Carquest remanufactured alt with a lifetime warranty for $145

Against my better judgement of, you get what you pay for, I'm leaning toward the Advanced Auto Alt. My reasoning... don't have to wait on shipping, it has a lifetime warranty, if something ever happens I can go to any Advanced Auto for a swap. In a perfect world nothing will ever fail, but I don't want to be unprotected.

What are your opinions on this?

TIA!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived