Second Skin Audio

Kulicki Box For The Fjc-finished-videos

is there a noticeable db increase?

Alright . so there it is. I think I may have measured a little off, though. The box sits a little too close to the rear door. Pete said it should be 5-6" from the door. It is about 3.5" inches from it. I am sure what happened is the amps being mounted on the back seat keeping it from sliding back cause the top edge of the box will hit the two amps , and I prolly should took a framers square out there to check it when I measured. I just measured across the floor , and I didn't check the top height. I tried to use as much of the flor space as I could for the box. I don't think for daily listening it will make any difference. If I let the seat back fall toward the front seats a little bit, It gets even more intense. If I ever enter a comp I will do that to probably hit a little better number. But It is a dramatic difference from the prefab box.

thanks Pete. I love it. !!!!

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Yes, definitely a dB increase , especially when I move it a little farther away from the rear door. Just listen to the rattle difference in the two vids of Lil' John.

It was certainly worth the work...:)

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

I was just chattin over on the hexibase forums with pete. What I may try to do is lower the amps down from where they are now on the seat back. That may give me enough room to slide it a little farther back and then it can stay where it was designed to all the time...

My Kulicki Box Build

50 bucks....

My Kulicki Box Build

All these people ( 21 of ya' ) in here and no comments?

Oh yeah. I also ordered some new battery terminals from parts express, sold more solder on ring terminals from darvex, about 6 ft. each of 1/0 wire in blue and clear from KnuKonceptz and the IASCA tuning disc and the tuner beats CD form the IASCA site the other day. Gonna finally hook up the volt meter to my amps ( the sundown is barely past a 1/4 from the lowest setting on the dial ) and dial them in right, clean up the battery top and re-run the imprint to accept the changes made to the amps and the new box.

I finally have a really good system that I am very proud of.

My Kulicki Box Build

Archived