Second Skin Audio

Slot Port Length Check

Hmmm that's strange strangeduck. I seen you give 81000D a design right here on the forum. It's cool. Maybe that was free day.

I'm no pro but for those 10" RF's they would perform best in a sealed box but are right on the edge of going either way so if you wanted ported i would look at something like this.

FOsgate_zpsojopkroz.png

Hmmm that's strange strangeduck. I seen you give 81000D a design right here on the forum. It's cool. Maybe that was free day.

yeah, i decided not to do it anymore. nothing personal, you just missed the train thats all. If im gonna design one, it will be one i build for someone.

So just to throw a stick in your spokes...

I designed my first enclosure for my Mayhem 18 about a year ago.

6 cubes tuned to 33. With 89 sq inches of port the length came to about 25 inches. Then after building the box shell I discovered that due to an end correction factor of 2.227 (since the port ran along the side, top, and bottom of the enclosure), my port only needed to be 14 inches long (confirmed by Triticum). Then Joe X ran the numbers through Torres and Torres said that with end correction the port should be 19 inches. Needless to say, both those guys are absolute pros. I'm almost healed enough from neck surgery to finish the box and very curious as to what the tuning will end up being. I think it's possible that if end correction is not accounted for, that some people end up tuning lower than expected. I am by NO means an expert in enclosure design but I do wonder if the end correction factor is why some programs come up with different port lengths.

I believe that is why Torres has you enter how many common port walls. Now whether the math is correct on the program i don't know... Is a good theory on why port calculators are so different though.

I was thinking about some of the other programs like Bassbox Pro, but I don't think it's Windows 10 compatible. I wonder if Termpro is?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a little time to sit down and tinker with these programs. What you guys think about these dims and port?

t0ZzZtQ.jpg

Not sure why it said there was a bend...

OEXehYy.jpg

Your sketchup doesn't match what you have in Torres. In Torres you have the port as 16.5" x 3", but in your sketchup model your port looks to be about 33" wide.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived