J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 I'm not new to car audio lol I've got a crescendo encore 4.5k just sold my sp4. Had 4 RF T1 12's before the sp4. Been into car audio for about 10 yrs just never made build threads. Picking up a 2001 grand Cherokee this weekend that will be my serious build when the oilfield picks back up. After I get her system going I'll be getting a AA team 18" for the nendo 4.5k gonna run it at .5ohm with 4 logic hpl75's and getting a DC power 320 amp alt. That's why I have the bus bars for 4 batteries. I've got 1 right now. Build is going slow tho cuz of how slow my work is. I'm just new to box building. I'll start a build thread on my eclipse this weekend cuz I've done quite a bit to it. Just finished running my 1/0 ofc sky high wire and cutting 3/4" plywood for the spare tire cover last weekend. That's why I pulled my nendo and sp4 cuz my stock board broke when I had a flat and my battery flipped on top of my nendo.
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 What u driving and what kinda system u got?
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 What u driving and what kinda system u got?
Wasteland_Audio Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205346-2004-burb-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new-2-dc-18-wall/
DLHgn Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 As of now I don't have a system in my car. I just recently got my license about 6 months ago and am learning how to drive stick so that I can get my '98 Ford Ranger Extended Cab from my Dad's house (we've had the thing since like 2001). I will probably either be putting 2 12's or 2 15's in the back depending on how much room I have (haven't gotten the chance to measure it all out). Not going to start the system stuff until I get a real job (i'm an RA for my university right now) because my current job doesn't pay enough to finance a project. However, I do have a single B2 IS12v3 sub woofer playing on a NU3000 amp bridged at 4 ohms in a ported enclosure tuned to 26Hz. The thing pounds way harder than I need it to.
DLHgn Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 As of now I don't have a system in my car. I just recently got my license about 6 months ago and am learning how to drive stick so that I can get my '98 Ford Ranger Extended Cab from my Dad's house (we've had the thing since like 2001). I will probably either be putting 2 12's or 2 15's in the back depending on how much room I have (haven't gotten the chance to measure it all out). Not going to start the system stuff until I get a real job (i'm an RA for my university right now) because my current job doesn't pay enough to finance a project. However, I do have a single B2 IS12v3 sub woofer playing on a NU3000 amp bridged at 4 ohms in a ported enclosure tuned to 26Hz. The thing pounds way harder than I need it to.
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 Well that's cool bro. I almost bought a b2 xm 18 v1 the other day but it had some coil rub and it was the v1 so it was only 2k rms. Good luck bro and thanks for the help. you seem like u know ur shit for being so young. I'm knockin on 30 lol. I'll be expecting a bit log when u do get ur truck. Stick shift isn't to bad either, that's what I learned in and my car I drive now is stick. Just don't ride the clutch lol
DLHgn Posted June 18, 2016 Report Posted June 18, 2016 I love B2. I've never had a problem with their products and the owner and dealers are very nice a quick to respond plus all of their products are built to last and underrated. I've heard nothing but good things from people who've used their products. As for knowing my stuff, eh I guess. I am just a fast learner and actually try to learn something when people are helping me plus I do a lot of research on my own time. I'll definitely be making a build log once I get the system going but that won't be for a while. I'm not too worried about learning stick. Like I said, I am a fast learner.
J_west07 Posted June 18, 2016 Author Report Posted June 18, 2016 I've def seen alot of people use their amps and be more than happy with them, haven't seen too many use their subs tho. It def looked beefy, but didn't know about getting a recone for it it was a dual .9 ohm. Seemed different for sure lol. If it wouldn't of had coil rub I would of gotten it for sure tho. Yeah you def seem like ur fast a learner, don't see many guys ur age that knows as much as u do about car audio.
DLHgn Posted June 18, 2016 Report Posted June 18, 2016 Thanks man. I'm learning more and more everyday and trying to always become more proficient with my knowledge. If you're looking for some subs on a budget that still get down with the best of 'em, try their IS series. The IS12v3 I have is like $158 but out performs just about anything you see in that price range. It's rated for 750W RMS but can easily take 1500 - 2000 W RMS with barely getting warm after 5+ minutes of straight playtime. Plus the 25mm one way Xmax really gets that cone moving like no tomorrow. I heard from more than one person that it's damn near impossible to mechanically break them. You have to cook the coils to break them and even that's a challenge as longs as you're not putting way too much power to them. If you're looking for an 18" that will take some abuse and are willing to put out some money, their new HNX18v3 will be sure to please. 4" voice coil with 60mm xmax and 2000W RMS (i'm sure it could easily take 3k). The only draw back is that it's $545 but hey..you definitely get what you pay for. Gosh, I sound like a sales person for them...I should contact them about that lol So for the shameless promoting, I just really stand behind that company and their products.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.