2004 'Burb. Out with the old, in with the new. 2 DC 18" wall.

So it's time to build something new and i decided on a wall build. Right now i have 2 DC lv6 18s on 2 5k amps. I plan on doubling that eventually and am building the enclosure to be expandable when that day comes. This will be a slow build but on that note lets start.

Out with the old...

IMG_0161_zpseqoqcwrb.jpg

IMG_0162_zpssiofvd41.jpg

And start on the new...

Screenshot%2019_zpsuswmm7tk.png

Screenshot%2020_zpsuaqfs14t.png

Screenshot%2021_zps3qvgw4dn.png

IMG_0158_zpsfyr0nkon.jpg

IMG_0163_zpsdztklmfc.jpg

And this is what happens when the bearing comes off a flush trim bit...

IMG_0160_zpsnfy9lqq6.jpg

More to come, stay tuned!

So i haven't made it much farther, but i did test fit the baffle and got a chance to check out the guts of my amps which i didn't get the chance to when i bought them. I should be making more progress starting tomorrow tho.

IMG_0170_zpsgooyjmaz.jpg

IMG_0169_zpsoyjbtgv3.jpg

IMG_0168_zpsivltcydz.jpg

IMG_0166_zpsagyitkgf.jpg

IMG_0165%203_zpsbqio16rt.jpg

More to come in the next few days!!

Very nice!!! I have a 2 lvl 6 18 C pillar wall in my burban too :D Interesting how you're setting it up for 4 18s later

hell yea, you have a build log?

Not anymore. Lol. Long story short, I messed up my wall and well, it looks "alright" lol. Maybe I should update it.

But about your build, how do you plan on sealing off? Are you going to remove all of the trim pieces from the C pillar back or leave them? And again, very nice woodwork so far!

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Very nice!!! I have a 2 lvl 6 18 C pillar wall in my burban too :D Interesting how you're setting it up for 4 18s later

hell yea, you have a build log?

Not anymore. Lol. Long story short, I messed up my wall and well, it looks "alright" lol. Maybe I should update it.

But about your build, how do you plan on sealing off? Are you going to remove all of the trim pieces from the C pillar back or leave them? And again, very nice woodwork so far!

Thanks man, and i'm gonna foam the inside of the pillar plastic and leave them, but i'll remove the carpet and cut the headliner a few inches forward of the baffle, then i'm just gonna fiberglass the baffle all the way around to make it look like it flows right into the factory bodywork. The reason i'm leaving the pillar plastic is to not mess with the seatbelts at all, i got a kid on the way lol

Well I didn't get a whole lot done today, but i almost forgot how fun stripping an interior can be lol. Here are some pics for your viewing peasure. B)

Multi tools work awesome for cutting carpet.

IMG_0171_zpsrebfd7uj.jpg

IMG_0172_zpsjkvpaigy.jpg

These made me lol

IMG_0173_zpszxewiva4.jpg

IMG_0174_zpsberj4mbr.jpg

Gonna use these factory bolt holes to bolt the bottom of the box down, along with a few other places.

IMG_0175_zpssrfcjuiq.jpg

Measurements for the holes.

IMG_0176_zpsybnrid3t.jpg

So the girlfriend made me take a break from it tonight, but i managed to sneak in a few things before then.

Got the subs fitted in the baffle and the holes drilled, gonna use 1/4" x 6" bolts

IMG_0178_zpsvdqu1gv8.jpg

Put in some temporary bass while i get everything ready, can't believe i actually thought this was loud at one point lol.

IMG_0177_zpscccpqcqt.jpg

B)...looking good brother!!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Archived