Second Skin Audio

JBL Opinion

JBL S3-122

1500w max,500w rms sub with 92db sensitivity

Do you think a 200w rms amp (that's turn much above 200w when cranked) would be able to drive this to a good db level ? Alot of people say JBL Is crap and some say it's ok , with this 'high performance' subwoofer, would it be able to shake my windows , make my chest thump and do my head in? Or isn't this that type of subwoofer... Thanks guys !

Just out of curiosity, how do you know your amp puts out more than 200 watts when its "cranked".

JBL makes some VERY good hardware, they also make some more budget kit that may not be the best, but it still very good for the money. That sub is somewhere in the middle. It looks decent, but for what it costs I'd expect a cast frame instead of a stamped steel one. Just an FYI, but JBL, Infinity, and Harmon Kardon are all the same company and they are the largest audio manufacturer in the world (at least that's what I've been told).

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how do you know your amp puts out more than 200 watts when its "cranked".

JBL makes some VERY good hardware, they also make some more budget kit that may not be the best, but it still very good for the money. That sub is somewhere in the middle. It looks decent, but for what it costs I'd expect a cast frame instead of a stamped steel one. Just an FYI, but JBL, Infinity, and Harmon Kardon are all the same company and they are the largest audio manufacturer in the world (at least that's what I've been told).

It has a 200w speaker already, and when I hook it up to a. 600 ohm pc sound card with the gain on half the way to middle it flexes the speaker to shit ville, if I put the gain on normal God help that poor speaker

It has a 200w speaker already, and when I hook it up to a. 600 ohm pc sound card with the gain on half the way to middle it flexes the speaker to shit ville, if I put the gain on normal God help that poor speaker

Yeah, what you are describing doesn't really tell you anything about the output of that amp.

What make and model of amp is it?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

You should probably understand what your gain dial is for before you install anything.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah, what you are describing doesn't really tell you anything about the output of that amp.

What make and model of amp is it?

that's the thing matey it's a mystery I have no specs about this amp it's from 2002, a perfect working plate amp for home cinema

that's the thing matey it's a mystery I have no specs about this amp it's from 2002, a perfect working plate amp for home cinema

Can you post a picture of it? Is there a faceplate with any info on it (model, power requirements, etc)?

Can you post a picture of it? Is there a faceplate with any info on it (model, power requirements, etc)?

Builds:

I'm over seas at the moment , it takes in 240v ac and has a 150w thing above it meaning it puts that much rms with it, when hooked up to my AV it's like 250w rms so I am just gonna say 200w.

Archived