Sonic Electronix

Is It Possible To Get A Car Loud Without A Wall?

No I don't think it will be a hatch. Alright here is my possibilities of cars

Magnum

Charger

Alltima

I am not set on getting a car. I might just get an explorer and call it a day. :) But the reason I made this thread is because I am worried that I won't be loud at all with a car lol.

So leather absorbs bass a lot more huh?

Edited by cichlidfort

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Magnum

Charger

Alltima

I am not set on getting a car. I might just get an explorer and call it a day. :) But the reason I made this thread is because I am worried that I won't be loud at all with a car lol.

Seats down. Now you basically have a big cabin. One you put the seats up all that air and sound pressure is confined to the trunk and hello rattle. Its tons louder with the seats down. Some people go to the extreme and take out the back shelf above the seats or deck whatever and or port through that. I just take the seats down and have the box subs back port back, deffintally the loudest.

someone link him to SSAudio and call it a day ^_^

"car" can be a hatch...

-Drew

Car can be a trunk too. Your post makes no sense. Also SSAudio is running 2 18" AudioPulse Ultra's, and over 6000 watts to each one with a 10 cubic foot box ported with a great deal and amount of batteries. Really dont think hes going that extreme. But SSAudio is very impressive.

I'm not talking about anybody here, but I hate it on the streets when people say I have the natural advantage because I have a SUV. I do have 4 12"s and 2000 watts in my Explorer, but I have heard cars that can make me do the "rock away" :D I just find that a sloppy excuse. The loudest car around here I heard, could wear any SUV out. Then again, most the people that say that are cheap, don't run good gear, and not willing to do the work to their cars.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Magnum

Charger

Alltima

Leather definately absorbs bass but you can still do 145 easily in a car. I can do 132.5 with 3 10s and I have leather seats ^_^

current setup:

car: 2003 regal ls

subs: 2-10 memphis audio c3

amp: undecided

fronts: Memphis pr 5.25

h/u: pioneer 6100bt

I'm not talking about anybody here, but I hate it on the streets when people say I have the natural advantage because I have a SUV. I do have 4 12"s and 2000 watts in my Explorer, but I have heard cars that can make me do the "rock away" :D I just find that a sloppy excuse. The loudest car around here I heard, could wear any SUV out. Then again, most the people that say that are cheap, don't run good gear, and not willing to do the work to their cars.

Well SUVs do have the "natural advantage" of being louder than cars. :D. With a car, you just have to put forth that much more effort to keep up with the suvs.

David, that was a sick box you built and yet you still had so much more space left. That's awesome. I am sure if you had built that box at least another cubic foot you would easily hit over 145 right?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

I HAVE A 07 CAMRY WITH A LARGE TRUNK AND LEATHER NO FOLD DOWN SEATS I DO HAVE THE SKI HOLE THROUGH THE BACK ARM REST I GUESS THATS ENOUGH BECAUSE IT GETS PRETTY LOUD OFF A SEALED BOX AND 1500WATTS AND ITS ALL IN THE TRUNK WITH THE RIGHT SET-UP YOU GET LOUD

current set-up

kenwood ddx 712

clarion eq

focal 165 k2p front

focal 165v2 rear

2 re audio sexxx 12

us amps md3d

us amps md42

1 optima yellow top (rear)

1 xs power 5100r (front)

big 3 and 1 run 1/0 stinger wire

my build

my rebuild

smd2.gifduck.jpg

I did over 147dB on Termlab with a single 15" sub off one amp in my old wagon. It was all under window line and burped at 40Hz, so yes, it is possible to get loud without a wall. The box was only 3.4ft^3, it could have gotten more with more space.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos