Second Skin Audio

Is this amp able to drive this driver ?

Power wise it will be fine, you won't get the low bass you want with that enclosure though.

thanksssss mate for all the help and I get what you mean , however it is ported and everyone complains about it being big, and I've seen it in person in jb hi fi and it's a shit ton bigger than you think. It's nearly 2 cubic feet I THINK. Maybe.

Power wise it will be fine, you won't get the low bass you want with that enclosure though.

Dimensions for enclosure are

Height15-3/16"

Width16-5/16"

Depth20-5/16"

And some calculator thing told me

2+ cubic ft but then there is port length and stuff , just hoping this will crap all over a z5500 subwoofer ??

It's a prefab enclosure for a vehicle. It will be tuned way too high and you won't be get the low end boost of a vehicle either.

I get what you mean but it's not prefab tho is manufacturer just like the kicker subs and enclosures, designed for the kicker sub. I have very finely picked this sub as people say it digs in well , I'll just have to go for it and see how it goes,

Sonic electronix did a prefab vs manufacturer vid if you are interested

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNuEpXX5pI

It's a prefab enclosure for a vehicle. It will be tuned way too high and you won't be get the low end boost of a vehicle either.

people say it's sweet spot is 30hz but I have to say people also say this is half a band pass it is a narrow frequency range , being a nice punchy sub above and below 30 and when in the mid 35hz just goes bipolar and transforms.freq response that I suppose in a vehicle specs say 22-250hz

Archived