Second Skin Audio

General 2 Questions

Never look at "max watts", always look at RMS or continuous power. Your enclosure will make or break how it sounds, enclosure is everything. That being said there are too many variables, like is this a burp box or for music? Will the box be same orientation inside vehicle? What sub? What amp(s)? etc...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Never look at "max watts", always look at RMS or continuous power. Your enclosure will make or break how it sounds, enclosure is everything. That being said there are too many variables, like is this a burp box or for music? Will the box be same orientation inside vehicle? What sub? What amp(s)? etc...

JL Audio 12W0v3-4 and comes with a subwoofer box designed specifically for no speaker but the 12W0v3-4, so should be optimal. It's for music , unintentional piss of neighbours shake my room sort of thing. It's gonna be on the floor next to my desk , amp is a home cinema plate amp supplying 150w so I'm gonna need to juice it alot which is fine I guess

The box that sub comes with is probably designed for car audio use, not home audio, and just because it came from the manufacture doesn't mean it is an "optimal' design. Most prefab boxes, whether they are from the sub manufacturer or not, are designed to be small and fit well first, and sound good second. That sub will probably work but you will be much better served by a purpose designed box.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

The box that sub comes with is probably designed for car audio use, not home audio, and just because it came from the manufacture doesn't mean it is an "optimal' design. Most prefab boxes, whether they are from the sub manufacturer or not, are designed to be small and fit well first, and sound good second. That sub will probably work but you will be much better served by a purpose designed box.

mm true that but I don't watch movies infact I hate watching movies a lot of the time , and if I do I watch them on my dads mother of a system not mine. Someone told me unless you get a song custom made, most songs don't even brush near 20hz usually lowest being mid thirties , guess that's true tho like unless you play bass I love you I think I should be alrignt

Whether you watch movies or not, the home audio environment is very different than mobile audio. You get significantly more low end boost from the cabin gain in a vehicle than what you will get for room gain in most homes. The construction of your home also plays a big part. A basement media room with concrete walls is going to sound very different than a first floor room with stick built walls.

The box that sub comes in is meant to be small and rely on cabin gain to boost the low end. It doesn't matter if you only want to play down to 30 Hz, what I said before is still relevant, you will get much better performance out of a purpose built box for that sub.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Whether you watch movies or not, the home audio environment is very different than mobile audio. You get significantly more low end boost from the cabin gain in a vehicle than what you will get for room gain in most homes. The construction of your home also plays a big part. A basement media room with concrete walls is going to sound very different than a first floor room with stick built walls.

The box that sub comes in is meant to be small and rely on cabin gain to boost the low end. It doesn't matter if you only want to play down to 30 Hz, what I said before is still relevant, you will get much better performance out of a purpose built box for that sub.

I'll see what I can do regarding a custom box , dimensions are

Height15-3/16"

Width16-5/16"

Depth20-5/16"

If interested

Archived