electrical system theories?

The alternator is the source of power. When it can't provide enough the batteries take over. It's not just simply the battery charger.

And some use more of the amperage from the alts that Batts.

We have quads running now with just 4 batteries in the current build. Wish we could get more battery, but it's not happening this season. All our scores, are coming from the alts. Definitely not the Batts lol

Yea i was wodnering about that lag for alt ramp up. I was also looking into ordering some caps last friday, spoke to xs power and they got em ready to go, but I need to find hardware and connectors to connect the caps, anyone know where to get that stuff?

cant really add more weight to back of my car fuckers low riding already haha

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Another thing to consider is what happens after the bass hits. The battery just supplied current on the bass hit and now has to charge. The alt just went to full output on the bass hit and now is still at full output to bring the battery voltage back up. Battery voltage comes up and hopefully takes some current from the alt before the next bass hit. If there is not enough alt in the system then the batteries could benefit from an external plug in charger. This scenario is where caps get a bad rap. They can hurt a stock alt by keeping it at full output for extended periods. Its kind of like the duty cycle rating on a welder.

Be sure to post pictures of the caps when you get them in.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

^^^ wurd....

and most of the cause of "my dimming issue but my voltages meter says im good?" .. Its the "speed" of said "hit". Big time with cars with newer style headlights. Thats why i dont even bother with "dimming" threads anymore.

was curious about this topic for a bit seems like sometimes at full tilt the bass loses impact was thinkin cuz maybe i dont have enough reserve on hand even tho my voltage rarely shows under 13 on my volt meter

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

There are a few things that happen after playing for a while. One thing is that the ear loses sensitivity. The cilia or the hairs inside the ear drum that are hooked to the nerves that sense the sound tend to lay down and don't work so good. Prolonged and repeated exposure can cause the hairs to break off and then permanent hearing loss takes place. Power compression also happens in the voice coils and amp due to heat. When heat goes up, resistance goes up. Between the two of these, a noticeable reduction in output will result. Other things that come to mind are the heat in the alternator causing reduced current output and the tendency for a person to get used to a certain output like a druggie chasing a high. More output is always needed.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived