electrical system theories?

So i Have been doin some thinking and maybe this is already a known fact but here is How i understand a electrical ssytem in a car audio setup

lets talk about a 1 second bass hit here.

When the bass hits the amplifiers take current from the reserve, lets just say 2 100 amp reserve batteries.

The alternator then ramps up and replaces the current that was taken from the battery.

An alternator only puts out as much current as needed to recharge battery or keep electrical system running.

Now when the bass hits is the alternator able to make current fast enough to support that bass hit? or is it only replenishing the current pulled from the batteries for that bass hit?

I understand maybe there is a different situation going on here with a longer sustained bass note but lets stick to a quick 1 second 40 hertz bass hit for this topic

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

anyone have input on this?

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

That sounds fairly accurate. The alt tries to maintain its 14.7 volts and as soon as the voltage starts to go below, the regulator increases the voltage on the armature and output from the alt goes up. This takes a certain amount of time to happen depending on many variables. Before the alt can kick in, the battery will start to supply current and this also takes a certain amount of time to happen. If you have an analog volt meter, you can see the needle bounce low and recover when the bass first hits. This is where capacitors come in. The internal resistance of a capacitor is very low which makes it oppose a change in voltage very quickly by allowing current to flow almost instantaneously. Capacitors get a bad rap because people use them to bandaid a weak system. Super caps are where its at. Maybe someone who has them will chime in.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I'll ask Daniel to come speak. He knows what's up.

In my testing there is some "lag" or "delay" . I've always ran a fluke on the rear bank. Running on the min/max setting I've caught lower readings with it, than my volt meter on the dash picked up. I always took it as it was the time it took for the alts to pick up.

One of the reasons I'd never hook the amp up to the alt directly. Bats buffer.

Hang on. I'll text Daniel to chime in.

If you have the batts, amps, and alt(s) all connected to each other it doesn't really matter where you hook the amp too. Alts are slower to react than batteries so a battery reserve will always be helpful. How much you need will always depend on the application.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

What was said is correct. Electricity flows from highest potential to lowest potential. Alternators are essentially stupid, they only know one thing, hold regulator set voltage. things have been done with pcm and such to try to make them smarter but basic laws of electronics still apply.

When load is applied to system, it will exceed the instantaneous amperage of the alternator since the alt is putting out only what was needed to run car and such, The voltage will drop down to a buffer, aka bats super caps. once voltage drop (keep in mind this is all happening in fractions of a second, which is reason why it takes a good meter to measure this voltage drop), then once voltage drops, alt realizes oh, we need to make power, regulator throws all it got at the rotor to generate a high magnetic field to get more out the alt. if alt can keep up with system, then youll get back yup to charging voltage of 13-14.xx + if it cant keep up youll stay at battery voltage.

thats why caps are awesome, becausde they allow you to hold higher charging and they react to loads instantly for all practical calculations. but at the end of the day bats caps, alts all need to be sized correctly to the system

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Alternator is just a battery charger attached to the car , Depends on what your doing some guys just use batteries when competing just for burps and don't need H.O alt , but daily driving alt's are just battery chargers . For automotive purposes the battery is there just to start the car , I've ran cars with no batteries .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived