How much battery ah is needed.

You can keep adding batteries but the problem with that is that they won't be recharged very fast. After a while of playing your music loud you'll need to let it all sit and recharge. Lets say that your alt really does put out a max of 120A right now. If you have 480aH worth of batteries, it would take you almost 5 minutes to fully recharge your batteries after 1 minute of full power taking efficiency into account. This is also assuming that your batteries are able to supply the necessary power to the amps and other electrical components. On top of this, you're going to be straining the stock alt trying to push it at max power for long periods of time. I'm no expert so my math and reasoning may be off/skewed but it doesn't sound all that great to me. Honestly, I would just wait and save money to buy the HO alt so you can get it asap. Just resist the urge to play full tilt for extended periods of time. Also, try looking at mechman or singer for an alt. They may have the same kind of HO alt for less. I know DC is known to be a bit pricey.

You can keep adding batteries but the problem with that is that they won't be recharged very fast. After a while of playing your music loud you'll need to let it all sit and recharge. Lets say that your alt really does put out a max of 120A right now. If you have 480aH worth of batteries, it would take you almost 5 minutes to fully recharge your batteries after 1 minute of full power taking efficiency into account. This is also assuming that your batteries are able to supply the necessary power to the amps and other electrical components. On top of this, you're going to be straining the stock alt trying to push it at max power for long periods of time. I'm no expert so my math and reasoning may be off/skewed but it doesn't sound all that great to me. Honestly, I would just wait and save money to buy the HO alt so you can get it asap. Just resist the urge to play full tilt for extended periods of time. Also, try looking at mechman or singer for an alt. They may have the same kind of HO alt for less. I know DC is known to be a bit pricey.

<< Buy a battery charger and don't be dumb with your equipment

But you're still just band-aiding the problem. Your system is only as strong as your electrical. In the long run, band-aiding can be more expensive than just doing it right.

Ohio generator makes good ALT's

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

But you're still just band-aiding the problem. Your system is only as strong as your electrical. In the long run, band-aiding can be more expensive than just doing it right.

Well the people that I know that and have been doing it for years haven't had any problems lol. What about the people that compete solely off battery banks and recharge them after the comp?

Archived