Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

'98 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Box Design


DLHgn

Recommended Posts

Posted

I received dimensions from a guy who has a Ford Ranger Extended Cab so I went ahead and used those dimensions to create this design.
Specs:
Drivers: 2 IS15v3's
Power: ~2400w RMS @ .5 ohm
Net Volume: 5.65 ft^3
Port Tuning: ~31Hz
Port Area: 89.25 in^2 (5" x 17 7/8")
F3 (as calculated by WinIsd): 30.5
Dimensions of Outside of Box: 48" W x 16 1/16" Top x 23" Bottom x 18" H

What do y'all think? What changes would y'all make?

RiZOMdV.png?1

7oYitWE.png?1

yHDh7PK.png?1

ePtHeCA.png?1

PfW7iT7.png?1

jzFEQoP.png?1

Thank you in advance for your time. Sorry for being such a pest! If I left something out or have a question just ask!

Posted

I've read a few guys that have had good luck with port firing to driverside on the Ranger. Just a thought. not sure if you can make port work with that bracing or if you have room to let it breathe.

Posted

I've read a few guys that have had good luck with port firing to driverside on the Ranger. Just a thought. not sure if you can make port work with that bracing or if you have room to let it breathe.

That's one of the things I was worried about. I want to reduce the width of the port to help shorten it up and give more clearance and net volume but I'm worried the port area will start getting too small. I mean, it models well in WinIsd but I know that is not the end all be all.

Posted

Can anyone say whether or not the port being that close to bracing will affect it?

Posted

Can anyone say whether or not the port being that close to bracing will affect it?

It's close enough that if it were me I'd probably change how the bracing was. You could make a cross out of two strips of MDF, and then orient it so the thin dimension is the same direction as the airflow.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Can anyone say whether or not the port being that close to bracing will affect it?

It's close enough that if it were me I'd probably change how the bracing was. You could make a cross out of two strips of MDF, and then orient it so the thin dimension is the same direction as the airflow.

So like a cross from the middle of the subs to the back and from left to right?

Posted

A cross from between the subs to the back wall and from the top panel to the bottom. You will be bracing the same panels as your existing brace that way.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

A cross from between the subs to the back wall and from the top panel to the bottom. You will be bracing the same panels as your existing brace that way.

Oh ok, makes sense now. Would that be enough bracing for this box? Also, would this be enough port area and net volume? I know both are nearing the small side.

Posted

A cross from between the subs to the back wall and from the top panel to the bottom. You will be bracing the same panels as your existing brace that way.

Does this look okay to you?

h6kd2Sv.png?1

oFFAf46.png?1

tyZi8oo.png?1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9136 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...