Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

'98 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Box Design


DLHgn

Recommended Posts

Posted

Right.

The one on the right will shift the vertical brace to the left, which should get it out from right behind the sub.

So how would I go about doing that? Would I just glue all the pieces together to form the whole brace then glue that whole brace into the box?

Posted

So how would I go about doing that? Would I just glue all the pieces together to form the whole brace then glue that whole brace into the box?

Yeah, that would be one way. There are several ways that style of brace could be implemented. I'll leave it to you to figure out what would be the easiest for you to do.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

So is the net volume of the box being about 5.6 ft^3 and the port area being ~89 in^2 not a big concern? It seems to model well but how would that translate into real world?

Posted

So is the net volume of the box being about 5.6 ft^3 and the port area being ~89 in^2 not a big concern? It seems to model well but how would that translate into real world?

What concerns do you have with those specs?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I have a design that I bought from Ram designs for my 94 ext ranger that I never used. I could possibly give you the specs off of it if need be. I think it has a passenger side port if I remember correctly. It was for a couple 12s.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Posted

So is the net volume of the box being about 5.6 ft^3 and the port area being ~89 in^2 not a big concern? It seems to model well but how would that translate into real world?

What concerns do you have with those specs?

I was concerned that the port area was a bit on the small side as well as the net volume being a bit on the small side. Like I said, it models fine but I know that real world can differ from the modeling software.

Posted

I have a design that I bought from Ram designs for my 94 ext ranger that I never used. I could possibly give you the specs off of it if need be. I think it has a passenger side port if I remember correctly. It was for a couple 12s.

That would be cool to compare with. How much does the interior of the 94 ext ranger differ from the 98? Do you know?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9024 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...