Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

At this point I needed a pick me up to keep trucking

IMG_0848_zpsmcbuh5yo.jpg

And it was getting dark. Solar power LED's to the rescue! I wasn't going to give up till its done.

IMG_0847_zpst9hhpthq.jpg

IMG_0848_zpsmcbuh5yo.jpg

screwed down

IMG_0850_zpsuebyx3kf.jpg

IMG_0849_zpsgdv1anee.jpg

Perfect time to clean under the seat, this little shop vac sucks literally

IMG_0851_zps9msizjau.jpg

All cleaned up

IMG_0853_zpsaetedktr.jpg

IMG_0855_zpselsmrm0n.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Its tucked away far enough to be out of site but still able to access the controls if I need to tune it but I left everything flat. Gain at NOM and filters full range

IMG_0856_zpsyozwui0c.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Next a tiny upgrade was the replace the interior lights with LED's

IMG_0892_zpsc4bac8ow.jpg

IMG_0893_zpspzv6fix9.jpg

White looks much nicer IMO

IMG_0894_zpsjdmeaiii.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Radio pro lets you fuck around with the factory text

IMG_0975_zpskuoly52u.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Next it was on to tackle the doors. I am using a kenwood excelon component set up front kicker 6x8's and SHCA deadner and it sounds pretty good actually

IMG_1005_zpsmlvoqayn.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

I mounted the kenwood tweeters in the factory locations.

Marked out the hole and started drilling

IMG_1034_zpswqy2wdo0.jpg

IMG_1035_zpsvc6dclfs.jpg

I used a jig-saw to finish cut the hole since I don't have and hole saws. Thankfully I still have all my fingers and I was extremely careful. I do not reccomended doing it this way at all but sometime you just gotta get shit done with what you have on hand.

IMG_1036_zpsz1obhl4b.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

It didnt come out as flush as I wanted but still looks pretty good.

IMG_1027_zpsyfsa5zxg.jpg

Before

IMG_1031_zps1km3ubcj.jpg

After

IMG_1033_zps8v3a2oav.jpg

IMG_1037_zpsyetdjilo.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Because Mazda uses 6x8 and the doors are stupid shallow I used a 1" spacer ring and a 6x8 to 5.25" adapter plate.

IMG_1040_zpsinsdiw5w.jpg

IMG_1041_zps7o0uje6s.jpg

I used epoxy to bond the two pieces and add strength

IMG_1039_zpsocjkug1d.jpg

Shit dries solid AF

IMG_1043_zpsyh7nfcnk.jpg

IMG_1044_zpsl6ewq8p8.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

I let the adapter plates cure overnight then tackled the doors in the morning. Interior panel off

IMG_1049_zpsvgthczfv.jpg

I also tried to make my own fast rings using foam and spray adhesive. This actually came out decent and seals all the weird air gaps from using plastic.

IMG_1050_zps72hwmvyj.jpg

IMG_1051_zps47cojziw.jpg

IMG_1053_zpstygiukgl.jpg

IMG_1055_zpsfupdi8mc.jpg

IMG_1056_zpsv6f6dz3r.jpg

IMG_1057_zpsij0etsyu.jpg

Also added some deadning I didnt go crazy maybe add more later

IMG_1061_zpswcayiaog.jpg

IMG_1058_zpsecfibinl.jpg

Ran out of foam and pieced some together to finish the ring

IMG_1059_zpsz1gdkvqt.jpg

IMG_1060_zps2rjz1gxf.jpg

Rear doors were a lot easier as the 6x8's fit with little trouble

IMG_1062_zpsaqx9lipv.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Finally got the CT sounds Strato comp set in. These things are beast for 5.25" Not too excited about ripping the doors open again but I need to do more deadening anyway. I think I am going to keep the Kenwood tweeters and X-over because the kenwood tweeters are bigger and I like the way they sound. Both the Kenwood component set and the CT sounds set are crossed over at 3.5K so I should be ok just swapping the mids. Pics of the mids below.

C0DA5984-88F1-4A12-B707-B6718093F400_zps

EE45D241-D948-44D0-8300-67823F5DC0E2_zps

059304E3-16E5-4447-B756-848567161AF9_zps

19B8BD12-71FD-46D8-8346-DF8B6B084549_zps

64587C75-5BE7-4F89-9354-A2E88C7AF710_zps

9C446BB6-D6C9-4617-8564-EBB6BE9051AD_zps

6DBBB49A-5329-49ED-BFC5-588EE35EEE73_zps

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1319 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...