How bad is it grounding to a seat bolt?

If your worried about holes they make grommets that will provide a waterproof seal around the wire and between the hole and the wire. You can find them on amazon and ebay.

You'll need a dmm, check volatge and volatge drop compared to a better ground,

PS don't be fucking lazy do it right, you spend XXX$ amount on audio,hour or two more work worth it. Just syn

even with a dmm you can't tell how much current that grounding point can take, you could have very little resistance yet still not have a strong enough ground to carry all the current the amp draws

you have a tahoe, I would find a factory grommet and ground to frame after you sand a spot to bare metal.

Heck i have a crappy unibody car i i even used what little sub frame there was and i used a factory hole.

There are probably a few back there.

yes, do exactly what no one said to do. lol/

but its fine, its your ride, do what you want.

i honestly hope it works well for you.

I have drilled firewalls to run wire so i wish you luck.

Here's why I say the seat bolt isn't a good ground: If you sandwich it between the bracket and body so you have contact, you're tweaking your seat bracket. Go above and you're grounding to the bracket / through the bolt which ends up not being an ideal connection.

Go to harbor freight, pick up some christmas tree bits and grommets if you need to go to the frame. Depending on how you wire it the frame is either a great ground or a horrible ground. If you ground your amps to it in the rear, you need to ground the frame to the battery and alternator in the front of the car. Stock, it's just connected with a few mounts and ground straps. Wire it up and it's like a big buss bar

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-titanium-nitride-coated-high-speed-steel-step-drills-96275.html

yes, do exactly what no one said to do. lol/

but its fine, its your ride, do what you want.

i honestly hope it works well for you.

I have drilled firewalls to run wire so i wish you luck.

what the hell are you talking about? everyone is telling me to ground to frame and that's what I'm going to do

Archived