angelscream Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 Hey guys. I have recently had the itch to get back into stereo systems after about 2 years or so with a stock system. I have a couple of questions about what would perform better for me. I don't want to have a huge amount of bass. Just some tight bass for rock and metal that is able to go low when I listen to rap. My picks are as follows http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HZMt7ls3f8R/p_500SWS10D4/Alpine-SWS-10D4.html That Alpine Type S powered by either this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76304_Alpine-MRV-M500.html or this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67772_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P400X1.html or this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67771_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P300X1.html or I could go with this sub, which was my original pick http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34787_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P3D4-10.html. Let me know what you guys think.
Carnines Posted July 6, 2016 Report Posted July 6, 2016 https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/ix-series/products/ix-12?variant=17677557377 Had one of these in my truck in a t line. Did a little over 140 with it on a memphis 1000.1. That amp clamped around 800 watts or so and the sub took it. I wouldn't recommend putting it on that much power, but it's durable. Sounded great on all types of music.
baller95 Posted July 8, 2016 Report Posted July 8, 2016 The alpine combo would be perfect. Build your own box for it and it'll sound great! I just finished my install of 2 Alpine Type S 10's and I've paired them with a Pioneer amp that puts out 1200 wrms at 1 ohm. Here's my box build log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205000-my-2-10-enclosure-build/ I had the two subs wired internally to 1 ohm and they slap! (Video coming soon)
Soccerballzs Posted July 8, 2016 Report Posted July 8, 2016 Do Punch amp and Punch sub you will like it. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
angelscream Posted July 9, 2016 Author Report Posted July 9, 2016 The alpine combo would be perfect. Build your own box for it and it'll sound great! I just finished my install of 2 Alpine Type S 10's and I've paired them with a Pioneer amp that puts out 1200 wrms at 1 ohm. Here's my box build log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205000-my-2-10-enclosure-build/ I had the two subs wired internally to 1 ohm and they slap! (Video coming soon) I think I am going to go with the Alpine combo. I am only going to have 1 sub wired at 2 ohms. I have a Hyundai Veloster and I want to preserve a little bit of space in the back. I would build my own box if I knew the first thing about carpentry and building something. The only thing I am good at building is computers.
DLHgn Posted July 10, 2016 Report Posted July 10, 2016 The alpine combo would be perfect. Build your own box for it and it'll sound great! I just finished my install of 2 Alpine Type S 10's and I've paired them with a Pioneer amp that puts out 1200 wrms at 1 ohm. Here's my box build log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205000-my-2-10-enclosure-build/ I had the two subs wired internally to 1 ohm and they slap! (Video coming soon) I think I am going to go with the Alpine combo. I am only going to have 1 sub wired at 2 ohms. I have a Hyundai Veloster and I want to preserve a little bit of space in the back. I would build my own box if I knew the first thing about carpentry and building something. The only thing I am good at building is computers. You could always start a thread asking for help on making a design and someone may help you with it. If you do, give max dimensions, sub being used, power being put to it, what kind of box you're looking at/goals of the system and anything else you may think is relevant to your needs. Hopefully someone will get back to you and help you design something.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.