Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help.. box build single 12 L5


ThePilot

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've searched til I can't see straight...I need decent specs for ported box for single 12 L5..going in a 02 mustang,the space is limited.I already have a box that's 14x16x19 and it won't fit! I don't have much height, but there's room to play with on width and depth..

Jojo Pelletier / South Alabama

Posted

So go ahead and take actual measurements of your max dimensions. Also, what is the power you plan on putting to this thing?

Posted

The only measurements that assures I can actually get it IN the car: H=13 W=30 D=13..was looking at facing sub up (top) and port in the back facing away from rear seats...the only amp I have right now is a Lil kicker300.1 which barely wakes the sub I know..gonna put an,audiopipe 1000 later

Jojo Pelletier / South Alabama

Posted

My issue is the port size and location based on these dimensions...I found a calculator that gives some port specs,but without a drawing I'm lost..

Jojo Pelletier / South Alabama

Posted

what exactly are your sub specs? I don't think that audiopipe 1k amp will be nearly as much of an upgrade as you think.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

Well...my nephew has an audiopipe 1500 on 2 kicker L7s (of course he's in a tahoe with plenty of room for a 3-4 cube box) and it slams..I'm not looking to knock the glass out and I don't have the money to go all out...I just wanna be close on spec building this little box..building it is nothing,I'm just lost on port length,etc.oh,the sub specs,I'm not completely sure,it's an older kicker L5 DVC 4ohm..I think it's 600rms.

Jojo Pelletier / South Alabama

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

image.jpg

L508.jpg

Posted

Well...my nephew has an audiopipe 1500 on 2 kicker L7s (of course he's in a tahoe with plenty of room for a 3-4 cube box) and it slams..I'm not looking to knock the glass out and I don't have the money to go all out...I just wanna be close on spec building this little box..building it is nothing,I'm just lost on port length,etc.oh,the sub specs,I'm not completely sure,it's an older kicker L5 DVC 4ohm..I think it's 600rms.

Just to be clear, it's not the brand I'm talking about. Best case senario you go from 300watts to 600watts. Not a ton of difference there. IMO not worth buying an amp just for that.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

I see what you're saying...I just wanted it more closely matched..running that 1000 watt amp at 2ohms gives me 600rms which is what the sub is rated...with such a small trunk and a ported box,may even be enough for me using the 300 amp,I don't know yet..building a box from JoeX right now

Jojo Pelletier / South Alabama

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3076 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...