Second Skin Audio

Sundown X 15

Daddy_

Would a Sundown X 15 running off a Sundown 1500D work in a box thats 3.5 cubes net tuned to 32 hertz with 68-72sqin of port area. Or is the net volume too small and be better off going with 12"

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

I personally think that's to small of area. Port seems ok but needs more area

Yeah it needs 4.25 and thats the biggest box I can give it without giving up port area. I guess I'd be better off with a x 12

Yeah I think port area is fine but the box is too small. A x 15 needs 4.25 net volume so I'm short 0.75 cubes. Rather be better off with 2 12 sa or maybe a single x 12

Yeah I think port area is fine but the box is too small. A x 15 needs 4.25 net volume so I'm short 0.75 cubes. Rather be better off with 2 12 sa or maybe a single x 12

There isn't just one single number for how much box volume a sub needs. Any sub will work in a range of box volumes. Different size enclosures will change how the sub sounds. An X15 would work just fine in a 3 cu ft box if you wanted, it would just perform a little differently. If you read on Sundown's website they talk about how the X series will work in the same small box sizes as their other subs (the SA-15's recommended space is 3.0 - 4.0 subs), it can work in UP TO a 4.25 cu ft box. You will be fine in 3.75 cu ft.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I don't know the specs on those subs you listed but the problem with running two twelve instead of a single 15 is that you will need the power to support them and you may need more port area depending on the power being supplied to them (and of course other factors besides that). I would look up the specs and plot it for you but I'm not at my computer right now and am going to be busy all day but if it still needs to be done tonight I will be more than happy to help.

Would I be better off running the x15 in 3.5 cubes or running the 2 12s in 3.5 cubes running off the same power which is sundown 1500d.

Any difference I'll see between the x15 and 2 sundown sa other than it will be louder. The x 15 will kill the lows right?

Archived