Jump to content

Help with graphics card


Recommended Posts

Posted

Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI H110M ECO Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

*Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

SanDisk Ultra II 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SDSSDHII-240G-G25

Not sure what graphics card to get with this list, thought about the RX 480.

Help.

Posted

Budget will help determine what you have to choose from. I personally just purchased an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition today.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

Budget will help determine what you have to choose from. I personally just purchased an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition today.

I'd like to stay 300 or below

Posted

most likely the 480 would be in your best price range.

Could always wait for the gtx1060 to drop soon, that should be around $249 that come out on the 19th.

Who knows which one would be better, but id put my money on the nvidia.

 

 

Posted

The first tests were leaked on the 1060 it is faster than the 480, but official tests should be coming in the next week or so. I would probably look at the 1060 for sure, but I am not a big fan of AMD for anything anymore.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

So my brother has a Evga gtx 970 that he doesn't want. It has been out of the box for months and been touched on... is it worth using?

Posted

If its free to you to use go for it..

its still a decent card.

I figured I might as well use a 300 dollar card for free lol. Invested a little more in the processor, psu, and hard drive.

Posted

Yup the 970 is a good card, I have one now I am only upgrading because the architecture changes are so great its worth the upgrade to me I will probably not buy another for 3 years after this one.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 6115 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...