Second Skin Audio

New To The Forum

n2deep

That Would Help Me Out A lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks I can cut it out and build the box , do I need to do subs on one side and port out the other side are port out the top ,, I just don't no , I was thinking of running 2-10''subs are 4-8''subs but I am not sure whats going to work the best,,

welcome to SMD

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

That Would Help Me Out A lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks I can cut it out and build the box , do I need to do subs on one side and port out the other side are port out the top ,, I just don't no , I was thinking of running 2-10''subs are 4-8''subs but I am not sure whats going to work the best,,

Here's a box sketch for the drivers you asked for, if you decided on these drivers let me know to give you a more detailed sketch with the needed bracing details:

skarix10.jpg

Ports are 4" in diameter and 20.5" in length, box specs as before 2.5 net@ 34Hz.

You could 3 8" subs in about the same space but less subs is less expensive and even number of subs is better impedance match to the amp so I would recommend to use two 10s but with better power handling, say if your amp is 1000 watt rms then get two 500W 10" subs, from skar maybe the VD series or the ivx v2 series would work fine with that amp and it looks they are pretty inexpensive.

The amps I have are hand me downs from my Dad he run them long time ago, still 100% working, , I Am going to go with 2-10''subs I am looking for a good deal on some now, but looks like Skar Audio has the best deal going right now on the IVX-V2 So I just put in my order for 2 of them ,,, The box you posted will be what I will be running them in,,,

Here's a box sketch for the drivers you asked for, if you decided on these drivers let me know to give you a more detailed sketch with the needed bracing details:

skarix10.jpg

Ports are 4" in diameter and 20.5" in length, box specs as before 2.5 net@ 34Hz.

Do I need a 3/4'' Round over on the port side of the box,,, and what do I need on the inside of the box,,,

Archived