Today Is Really The Day (update, All 4 In, They Slam)

I figured it would look like the 4hp motor..... Nick says its gonna wang so I believe him

Thats what I thought too.

I think everyone would stop saying the subs ugly if it dident have the bottom silver peice. Then I would probally agree it looks better too. But looks dont perform.

I asked Scott about adding a second magnet. He said it would be a VERY minimal gain above what he is already getting with the single mag. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Not sure what the lol is about! The new BTL has more motor strength in the daily gap than the old BTL does with SPL gaps. The sub weights 4 lbs more than the old BTL so it is BIGGER. That single slug has more strength than 4 BTL slugs combined Holy Shit!. It is shorter (less mounting depth) but is almost 4" bigger in diameter. Scott knows everyone loves the massive looking subs , but he has not let us down for how many years now. If it wouldn't out perform the old BTL he wouldn't have paid more to build it. Now that everyone has in some way shape or form copied the BTL . He designed the new BTL to be so different its obvious if its copied. We have tested them and they are meaner for sure. Don't hate just yet wait till they are heard!!! Scott sure as hell is not known for building poo so give it a bit. Steve when you get them in you will be happy for reals.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

For those audio guys that think size matters we'll as with life you still fall short. The factor of more slugs doesn't increase strength it over saturates it. Plus you have to think about the basket and having more weight further away. (Breaks baskets) The back plate is for the coil , the plate is recessed to allow for the movement. It is efficient Scott took into account the speaker travel before flat bottom (soft parts move max) and recessed the back plate as needed. This motor is built to perform plain and simple. The recessed indention on the back plate is for the new sticker logo for the BTL's should be ready in a few weeks. In this subs case girth is better than length.

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

The more I look at it, It reminds me of the old avalance motor just upside down. I wish I could get my hands on the new BTL's. 2 18"s would be sick. I just hope the new BTL's will add a db or 2 possibly that steve has been looking for and make it even that much better.

Edited by PaulO2288

New BTL :

If this motor is on a 12" sub you would have to notch out for the speaker wires just to get it in the box. We had a 12" made up you have about 1/8 inch gap between hole and slug!

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...