welderblake21 Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 What's the best wa, most efficient way to stop the roof from flexing and making a ton of noise. It's flexing pretty bad, I'd say atleast 1 to 2 inch of flex
welderblake21 Posted July 21, 2016 Author Report Posted July 21, 2016 Would I be able to still use the headliner? That's something I'd like to keep, already lost the rear seats. How thick 1/2"
OrzechNJ Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 get some damplifier.. sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
welderblake21 Posted July 21, 2016 Author Report Posted July 21, 2016 Will give it a go, didn't know if I would be better of with some dynamat or bracing. It's moving a good inch or more now and the subs arent even moving, so I need this fixed before my new amp arrives.
Karkov Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 http://store.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-dampers-cld/ 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
3vil Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 If you deaden it and it still flexes you'll be pulling all that shit off before you brace it. If your roof has some braces then you can bond mdf inbetween to make the whole panel more rigid. I cannot say whether or not your head liner will still fit without seeing it in person.
welderblake21 Posted July 21, 2016 Author Report Posted July 21, 2016 Thinking about just gluing some mdf to it then put some sound dampener Mat and cover it with carpet of some sort. Will have to check it out because I only want to fool with it once and be done with it
3vil Posted July 21, 2016 Report Posted July 21, 2016 You MIGHT be able to brace it wth MDF and still run the head liner, really depends on the rig.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.