Bagging 06 escalade EXT vs Dropping it with norcalss's kit

Tha ks jk13, i actually had read that thread. Tony said i could just pull fuse to disable air ride

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

4 Ampere 6.5 components 4 tweets

Ampere 150.4 way

Norcal SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit with 3inch Lower Control Arms

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

If your air ride is working I'd try and use it.

The sensors are on the upper trailing arm almost midway between the pivot point and the axle, so there is some math and/or some trial and error to get it so kick in at the exact height you need it once lowered. The sensor links are just a straight rod (1/4"?) with ball and socket joints at both ends, so they pop on and off as needed with a door panel tool. We've used Ground Force's spacer blocks with their kits, bent the arms for the kits that have the template to do so, and then realized that you can use threaded rod. The socket ends are removable from the stock rod (by force) and they can be spun onto the proper size threaded rod, making them slightly adjustable. Just be sure to use epoxy or something else that's appropriate to lock them into place once you've got it dialed in, or cut a new piece of threaded rod that's the exact length needed to bottom them out/fully thread them on.

Static drops are my bag.

Thanks again for the helpful info jk13,

Why do you recommend using the stock air
"assist" ?

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

Ampere 150.4 way

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

Edited to "air assist" Brandon haha

Ride quality I don't really care about tbh. I'm more after the look

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

Ampere 150.4 way

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

'99 up GM SUV air assist is for load leveling, that's why it has the height sensors. When you load the truck or hitch up a trailer (if you ever do) and start the truck the pump kicks on and levels it back out...

I am on record on SMD saying not to use aftermarket air shocks to help level for weight due to the weak mounting points, but if the engineers at the factory designed it to work on that application and it's already there, I'd keep it. When the rear end sags at stock height on a non-leveling truck it levels the truck out, that's why they're raked so much from the factory. If the truck is already level/lowered and the rear end sags below level it can bring up a couple issues: it's made more obvious by your visual reference (wheels and tires) being closer to the fender, you have less up-travel to begin with so bottoming out is more of a danger and more common, and your handling can be affected depending on your alignment. It doesn't bother me visually as I'd rather have and ass-down stance than a rake, but for some reason it bothers the vast majority of our customers as they perceive a squatting truck to look weak with a load.

Either way will work. If you don't want to mess with it, pull the fuse. And yes, they are notorious for failing, as are all air ride setups. Hence the more maintenance that I talked about in my first post.

We've been able to use them all the way to the point of needing adjustable control arms like Steve's and Chicken's. But that's 6"+ of rear drop and frame mods.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived