Sundown Audio

Running Active

Emilio Tizzone

That C1100.4 has a higher damping factor than A LOT of 4 channel amps on the market, even some of the best. I don't know of any way of testing that out for reliability but if what is on paper is true it is up there. It has >520 damping factor at 1ohm, wouldn't it go up as resistance is lowered?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Like I sais, not bashing the amp in any way. If that's true, it should work great then.

But yes, lower you go on ohm loads ... more stress on the amplifier hence less dynamic and dependable.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Like I sais, not bashing the amp in any way. If that's true, it should work great then.

But yes, lower you go on ohm loads ... more stress on the amplifier hence less dynamic and dependable.

I can across the specs on that C1100.4 and was wowed, that damping factor, .04THD, the signal to noise ratio. I would love to see what your thoughts are on that amp if you ever get to hear one.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Checked a couple videos out, Mark seems alright and knows what he is talking about.

Who i would really like to speak with is cable guy if he is lurking the forum somewhere.

SQ maybe hella tricky and difficult, but Im willing to spend multiple days on end getting it picture perfect,

When its done right, it all pays off i guess.

You said in your first post that you have already started on permanent location for your front stage drivers ...

Did you test for accuracy before making permanent locations ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thanks nonastys for the re-assurance on amp.

I'm having a hard time trying to understand

Amplifier output. When it says 180watts/rms at 4ohms at 14.4v, does that mean if a crank the amp all the way up to the limit on the head unit it reaches 180, and say I turn it 3 quarters up from the head unit it reaches around 135 ?

Sorry for all the stupid questions,

Really willing to learn as much as I can.

Archived