Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

advice needed on two fi sp4 15s


that1dude

Recommended Posts

Posted
Posted

I'm not sure when you say daily and possibly meter.
I will use my box as and example. 2 sp4 15's tuned to like 31hz 8.2cubes 126sqin of port. I hammer 30-42hz on an sundown scv6k. Play down to 26 easily. But when I try to play some higher early 90's bass notes, it's a fail. Yes I'm mad I can't play those higher notes

I am still trying to understand your goals

Posted

I'm not sure when you say daily and possibly meter.

I will use my box as and example. 2 sp4 15's tuned to like 31hz 8.2cubes 126sqin of port. I hammer 30-42hz on an sundown scv6k. Play down to 26 easily. But when I try to play some higher early 90's bass notes, it's a fail. Yes I'm mad I can't play those higher notes

I am still trying to understand your goals

i was hoping to hit like 150db on music and still have a decent flat response but what your describing is what i was hoping to minimize losing on higher notes,

i listen to a lot of different music new and old, rnb ,rap, rock, i just hate stupid county crap. maybe 34hz tuning would put me more in the middle for over all response possibly?

Posted

You may have to built a couple boxes to find what works in your ride. We can't predict cabin rise or vehicle peak.
When you say 150 on music are you metering Dash, kick, or headrest ?

Posted

You may have to built a couple boxes to find what works in your ride. We can't predict cabin rise or vehicle peak.

When you say 150 on music are you metering Dash, kick, or headrest ?

just metering at the dash. ive went as far as plotting the design out in bass box 6 pro the get a look at the output curve along the frequency i want best response at minus cabin gain of course but the main issue Ive been contemplating is the port area issue. i hear 126sqin that's about 60 per sub, then i read several other post and info on other site that for a sub with 33mm xmax i need more port area. i was about to stick with 144sqin port area when i made the post but i am unsure now.

Posted

I'd probably run closer to 180 sq in or more of port area, but I'm a port area whore.

Since you already have your design in BassBoxPro you could see what it tells you to use to keep port velocity under 30 m/sec, even lower would be better.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I'd probably run closer to 180 sq in or more of port area, but I'm a port area whore.

Since you already have your design in BassBoxPro you could see what it tells you to use to keep port velocity under 30 m/sec, even lower would be better.

i would but bass box 6 pro apparently has a stroke when i set it for a 1inch port and use more then 144insq of port area like it cant calculate it blow 36hz . the net cf box turn blank and it refuses to plot. maybe i have made a mistake or maybe bb6 is biggie idk but here are screen shots of the stroke bb6 has on me.

bb6-1.pngtake a screenshot

bb6-2.pngtake a screenshot

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6521 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...