File types

I'm looking at getting a fiio x3 player which is i suppose an audiophile music player. Which is a lossless player

My question is people say it plays flac and wav lossless files. Can someone tell me what that means and how I would convert somethung to flac or wave

I'm sorry I am not good with computers and electronics

flac is a lossless file, meaning it can be reconstituted back to the original 1s and 0s before going through the DAC. flac is compressed so it's smaller than WAV.

I used to use EAC to rip CDs and it can convert to flac, all in one fell swoop. You can convert other files (mp3s, AAC, OGG, mp4) to flac or WAV, but you're wasting your time as they have already been destroyed having been converted down to a lossy format.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

oh Digital to Analog converter. does exactly that, turns digital 1s and 0s to an analog waveform.

2007 Pacifica

You dont convert files to that type... You get them raw from the source.

I mean im sure you can, but its pointless.

Thats like taking a 96kbps song and converting it to 320kbps

Its not going to sound better because there is so much compression on file structure and bandwidth missing from the 96kbps song so the 320kbps song is going to sound the same, but be a larger file size.

You cant just go and restore losses in the audio unless you have the original file.

Flac files your talking somewhere around 700+kbps to around 1500kbps or so.

CDs are loosely considered the closest to original quality of the music. Any time you process the digital info it's deteriorated.

Be weary of downloading flac, dsf, dff, or WAV files especially high res files since lots of them are just up converted from CD or vinyl... if you're using pirate bay or kickasstorrents. websites that sell music are usually legit.

2007 Pacifica

Archived