Sundown Audio

Static and shut off problem with 4 channel

JerryLZ

I just hooked up my new Sundown sae50.4 and I have some really bad static and then my headunit will stay on but sound will cut at 14-18/40 volume and not come back unless I turn the key off and back on again. Amp doesn't go into protect mode but stays green lighted.

I unhooked power from my amp and still had the static even with the amp off. I then unplugged each lead into the amp and the static went away and I can blast away with my speakers powered only off the head unit.

I also disabled my subwoofer amp via my headunit option and still nothing. This shouldn't matter but it was part of my troubleshooting.

Does this sound like a problem with the amp or what? I Don't even know where to look for whats causing this.

I used one of those 'speed cables' where it's all 8 speaker wires and a remote wire In a 25 foot cable that you just have to hook up on the back up the head unit. My system consists of a pioneer avh170 head unit, scv2000 for subs and the sae50.4 that I'm trying to add for my RF punch 6x8s. The directions for the speed cable just said to match the colors to the back of the head unit the way you would with a aftermarket harness so that's what I did.

It sounds like your trying to power your speakers with both the h/u power and amplifier power at the same time, run a new remote wire to just the amps and disconnect the speed plug and see how it goes.

IDK, this just doesn't make any sense with how your trying to wire this up.

Did you run new wire to the speakers from the amp?

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

It sounds like your trying to power your speakers with both the h/u power and amplifier power at the same time, run a new remote wire to just the amps and disconnect the speed plug and see how it goes.

IDK, this just doesn't make any sense with how your trying to wire this up.

Did you run new wire to the speakers from the amp?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ODEZ1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thats the speedwire I used. It's supposed to be the easier way to amp your speakers if your not going for 100+rms per speaker. So basically I matched it on the amp and then I soldered it into my harness behind my radio which is what the directions said to do. So its supposed to use all of my factory wiring since I'm only going for 50 rms to each speaker. Aside from that, what if the RCA's were bad? I won't be able to test until tuesday when my new RCA's get here but I think that might be what it is just based off of my own research. Possibly its not getting a signal from the preamp output so thats why its trying to run off of the normal headunit signal?

Question, do you have both the h/u and amp hooked up at the same time?

You know, the more I think about it I feel like I may have screwed up there as well. I think out of habbit I may have all of the wires joined at the harness instead of just the red/yellow/illumination wire and the rest of the wires ran separately. First 4 channel amp install, fuck me right? :lol:

Archived