Second Skin Audio

XFL 1522 Box help needed!

Bigwheelw

I currently have it in an obcon labyrinth ported box and it ate that box alive! 2 of them actually. (I got 2 delivered and only ordered 1) they are okay for a generic speaker, but not the XFL lol it ripped the top from the sides and the second one blew the back out...so a slot ported box is the best choice? Sub up port up?

That's how it goes with prefabs, a well made box will last you longer and sound better, I'd say you try sub / port back first and then everything up, keep it the way you like it best.

On the performance, for a simple to build box, ported would be the best choice, there have been some people trying a 4th order bandpass design firing through the rear deck in that vehicle, your driver is compatible with that kind of design but those boxes would be much more difficult to build and I don't have enough feedback on them to recommend. If you are not looking for a headache likely the above will suit your needs.

Thank you guys for the help. I am new to all of this. I have done stuff as a kid, but now looking back I had no idea what I was doing lol. I thought I had it all figured out back then tho. I was looking at that setup that ports thru the deck, but the one I saw was for 2 12s. It looked like it'd increase the bass in the cab. I had this sub in a Subaru wagon and it was super loud and now it is in my trunk it isn't nearly as good. That is why I was looking into that bandpass design. Are there any solutions to this problem?

What kind of glue do you recommend?

Titebond wood glue is kind of the gold standard.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Why does everything have to be so damn difficult! There are at least 4 different kinds of titebond lmao. I did find an awesome app to get the most efficient cuts out of a sheet of MDF and how many you will need. It is called Sketch Cut Lite I highly recommend everyone who is building a box take a look at it.

I'm confused, but in your very first post did you not say you wouldn't have any trouble building the box? So why ask what to use?????

Archived