Alright, let's do some videos... This one was our very first time powering up the build, however, this was before we had any wiring done in the back. So we ran them off of another car's power supply and (3) DD M3bs with some sketchy Radio Shack speaker wire to the subs haha

This was our first video of the Alpha under it's own power. You'll notice voltage is very low. We're still waiting for quad alt module to allow us to charge at 14.6-14.8v, but this video was shot when we still had the regulators hooked up the positive post. But yeah, first time subs saw decent power and man are they stiff -- moving air though.

This was our very first show with the AlphaBlazer. Morning of the show we actually ran into some issues with the pulleys that came with our quad alt kit, so basically the whole day (including competing in the lanes) was off of battery power. We did - before the issues - remove the wire to post and allowed the alts to charge at 13.8v self exciting. We had enough bank though, so the Alpha still dished out some nice demos. On batt power we did a 159.7 legal sealed on the dash @ 37hz. Little lower than we had hoped, but a fair starting point. She still gives out some pretty nice demos.

Glad to see you're a normal person after all hehe.

With big builds like these, you'll never get them 100% right the first time.

Keep it up. Go High Voltage and save 1500$ on alts and wires.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

We're thinking about it. So on your bank, you're running like 230v? 15 batts or so in series and then all 3 HV amps?

We're thinking about it. So on your bank, you're running like 230v? 15 batts or so in series and then all 3 HV amps?

Yeah so my bank, is 18 batts, wired in series. So far, this is what I've test.

237v at .117 (full charge couldn't burp)

237v at .47 (This was the 17k rising to 2ohms) - This was with half charge bank

237v at .23 (Plays all day long) - Current setup with 2 amps.

Next step will be 3 amps at .33 each, wired with 22 batts in series.

290v at .33 each.

I charge them about once every 2 weeks, depending on how much I demo in between that time.

As a rule of thumb, if you have 18 batts, get the T40k, it will do the same power as the T60k at the same voltage and charge levels. And then I think the T20k is good for up to 14 batts.

Now that I think about it, one of the biggest sellings points of HV, is the simplicity. You simply have your x batteries and x amps. No runs of wire, no alternators, and just 1 HV charging device that you use every 10-14 days.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke with JY Power, and I'll be going Lithium HV for next season. Cost will be around the 6,000 mark total. But the power lol, 140,000 watts for 5 seconds. The 2 second burst is even higher, and it's about 60k for 2 minutes.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

awesome build for sure, specially how you guys extended the port lenght by using the sides of the cabin itself, tuned in for more!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for being absent for such a long time. We had two other builds that we had to get done immediately after the AlphaBlazer. I'll hopefully be posting a build log for one of those builds shortly.

Here are some numbers after the last show we had (September 11th). At the time of the show, we were still having pulley/motor issues with the quad alt setup (so much load on a small motor plus shot motor mounts yay!), so we had to burp again off battery power -- but hey, we hit that certified 160dB on batt power. Not too shabby.

Since the show, we have switched pulley positions and have a much healthier running setup now. Even though we still do not have our voltage module allowing us to charge at 14.8v (still at 13.8v) we are making a few gains. We are now doing 160.4dB sealed up, but our outlaw score has gone up to a 162+dB still remaining under 40hz. We're stoked about that. It's still a demo machine. We're currently prepping for the Finals out in California this coming weekend. Even though we're not at the numbers we're wanting, it should still be good fun with good friends.

025l4iT.jpg

Archived